My ex and I have snuggle sleepovers.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
While we were dating, my ex introduced me to the term skin hunger, also referred to as touch starvation. Skin hunger is that desperate feeling for human contact and touch.

Humans are wired for physical connection; new parents, for example, are advised to have a lot of skin-to-skin contact with their babies to help them regulate their temperature, among other things. As adults, we still benefit from touch — it can help us reduce stress, regulate our sleep, and boost our immune systems.

Though the term was new to me, I was very familiar with the experience of skin hunger. There have been many times in my life when I've gone to a massage appointment and almost cried, realizing how long it'd been since I experienced prolonged touch. Other times, when I'm missing friends, the desire for a hug from them has been almost painful.

When my ex and I broke up and I was living on my own again, I realized just how much I missed the everyday touch that came with being in a long-term live-in relationship. I became quite skin-hungry and realized that platonic intimacy was something I desperately needed.

NextJen

Raisin cane
From the article
“While my ex and I realized we were not compatible as romantic partners at this point in our lives, we also know there are many ways to connect beyond that intimacy. In addition to talking regularly and sharing our lives, getting pedicures every other month, and enjoying good meals together, we connect through platonic touch.”

I’m guessing as long as they keep this up neither one of them is going to find someone who will put up with their type of relationship.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I’m guessing as long as they keep this up neither one of them is going to find someone who will put up with their type of relationship.
They don't need to look. All the benefits of marriage without being married.

Platonic touch, eh...... yeah...sure...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
From the article
“While my ex and I realized we were not compatible as romantic partners at this point in our lives, we also know there are many ways to connect beyond that intimacy. In addition to talking regularly and sharing our lives, getting pedicures every other month, and enjoying good meals together, we connect through platonic touch.”

They probably (each) don't want another relationship!!

black dog

Free America
oh boy!...some snuggling in your future, right?
No snuggling... It will be, my car wouldn't start, the waters turned off, the gas is turned off, where are you at? My keys are locked in my car, oh and its running, I need two tires on my car, my rents due and im short.....
You know the drills... Oh man. lol.... ****.

All my exes, used to live in Marylanddddddd.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That could happen, or WV down on the river.
Alabama is nice too.

nephson.jpg