My favorite thing

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
When I stomp a wolf spider and 10 million little baby spiders try to make a break for it so I can stomp them out, too.

That is 10 million less future spiders in the world. You're welcome.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
When I stomp a wolf spider and 10 million little baby spiders try to make a break for it so I can stomp them out, too.

That is 10 million less future spiders in the world. You're welcome.

Thanks. I scooped one out of the pool one day, didn't realize it was covered with babies, they went everywhere. Eww.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Thanks. I scooped one out of the pool one day, didn't realize it was covered with babies, they went everywhere. Eww.

I remember the first time I saw that, it was like a nightmare. I'm not particularly phobic about spiders - will smash them with my bare hand if need be - but to see the spider explode into a zillion little tiny spiders freaked me out.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
That's also 10 million less spiders to eat other bugs. Gee, thanks. :smack:

"Wolf spiders are often common in agricultural areas, and can be very helpful in reducing populations of insect pests."
(BioKIDS - Kids' Inquiry of Diverse Species, Critter Catalog, Lycosidae, wolf spiders)

Vrai doesn't live in an agricultural area by far. :razz:

I remember seeing my first spider ballooning event a couple of years ago. Baby spiders spin a silk "balloon," lift it in the air, and wait for the breeze to transport them to other areas. Freaked me the heck out to see hundreds of these things floating around. :lol:

BOP

That's also 10 million less spiders to eat other bugs. Gee, thanks. :smack:

"Wolf spiders are often common in agricultural areas, and can be very helpful in reducing populations of insect pests."
(BioKIDS - Kids' Inquiry of Diverse Species, Critter Catalog, Lycosidae, wolf spiders)

These aren't your ordinary wolf spiders. These are what you call your hood-rat spiders. The bebee mamas pop out, like a million future hood-rats at at time, with the bebee daddies nowhere in sight (except when there's a booty call), then demand somebody he'p her.

warneckutz

<-- Doesn't care and doesn't want them around.

Like the spiders themselves aren't pests?

What about the few that survive within the tread of your shoes? Don't they make it through the ordeal and make a web of love inside your house?

Just a thought. :whistle:

MMDad

Lem Putt
What about the few that survive within the tread of your shoes? Don't they make it through the ordeal and make a web of love inside your house?

Just a thought. :whistle:

Probably a million of them living under her bed. It's a wonder she can sleep at night.

spider.jpg

leolyin

I am sorry that I read the original post here and even worse that I continued to read the entire post! I am terrified of spiders and have never seen one that bursts into babies. I hope I never do...but since this is only the beginning of my second year in Southern MD I will now be even more scared to kill a spider. I have noticed that they are HUGE here!! Not to mention, plentiful.

ItalianScallion

Harley Rider
I am sorry that I read the original post here and even worse that I continued to read the entire post! I am terrified of spiders and have never seen one that bursts into babies. I hope I never do...but since this is only the beginning of my second year in Southern MD I will now be even more scared to kill a spider. I have noticed that they are HUGE here!! Not to mention, plentiful.
Hello. How can you have over 4 Billion posts?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Awesome post count! :lol:

leolyin
R.I.P. Dad