vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Very amusing article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22389-2004Aug21.html

-------------------------------------------
To the Editor:

Imagine my surprise when I read, in your article entitled "Democratic NYC Braces For the GOP" (Sunday, August 22), how surprisingly unsophisticated Manhattanites are! So Bernice Sacks has never run into a Republican in NYC, eh? Very odd for a city that elected two back-to-back Republican Mayors. Well, maybe she should embrace diversity and move to my little town of Middletown, MD (population 10,000 or so) where you can run into Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians AND Greenies just by taking your daughter to cheerleading practice.

It so happens I will be in Manhattan during convention week, helping my daughter get settled into her dorm room at NYU. Since I'm originally from Nebraska, and a registered Republican, maybe I'll pop into Balthazar or Danube for lunch and give Ms. Sacks a real walk on the wild side. I'll try to avoid being all "hawkish and gung-ho" while she's eavesdropping on my conversations.

Not that it matters because they'll never print it.

rraley

While New York City elected two straight Republican mayors, you can't make the case that the city has a large amount of Republican voters. Metro NYC is responsible for most Democratic votes in New York state, often providing 75% of its votes to Democratic senatorial, gubernatorial, and presidential candidates. That's plain fact.

On a side note...how does your daughter like NYU? I myself am putting the finishing touches on my own college search and NYU was one of the early possibilities.

Vince

vraiblonde said:
Very amusing article:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A22389-2004Aug21.html

To the Editor:

Imagine my surprise when I read, in your article entitled "Democratic NYC Braces For the GOP" (Sunday, August 22), how surprisingly unsophisticated Manhattanites are! So Bernice Sacks has never run into a Republican in NYC, eh? Very odd for a city that elected two back-to-back Republican Mayors. Well, maybe she should embrace diversity and move to my little town of Middletown, MD (population 10,000 or so) where you can run into Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians AND Greenies just by taking your daughter to cheerleading practice.

It so happens I will be in Manhattan during convention week, helping my daughter get settled into her dorm room at NYU. Since I'm originally from Nebraska, and a registered Republican, maybe I'll pop into Balthazar or Danube for lunch and give Ms. Sacks a real walk on the wild side. I'll try to avoid being all "hawkish and gung-ho" while she's eavesdropping on my conversations.

Not that it matters because they'll never print it.
I love it!! I would like to be at the next table, eavesdropping, when you have a few words with Ms. Sacks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
rraley said:
On a side note...how does your daughter like NYU? I myself am putting the finishing touches on my own college search and NYU was one of the early possibilities.
She's not there yet - we leave Saturday. Best to give her a semester and then ask. :lol:

rraley

vraiblonde said:
She's not there yet - we leave Saturday. Best to give her a semester and then ask. :lol:
Ah, that would probably be a good idea. I'm not sure if I could really deal with an urban campus like NYU. I have decided to apply to George Washington in DC, but I am not sure if I could make it in that environment (all concrete, no grass).

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
rraley said:
Ah, that would probably be a good idea. I'm not sure if I could really deal with an urban campus like NYU. I have decided to apply to George Washington in DC, but I am not sure if I could make it in that environment (all concrete, no grass).
Greenwich is pretty nice - Washington Square park is right there in the middle of NYU, so it's not so concrete-y. But it's definitely a big city campus - not relaxing and picturesque like St. Mary's College.