My lawnmower looks like it's been in a mud bog race

Hijinx

Grass is growing and high, forced to cut in the wet.

Garden is underwater.

Ground is saturated.

I wonder how the Commercial -places are making out.

Must be way behind.

calvcopf

I have seen some of the commercial guys mowing in the rain. I'm sure they will have plenty of work lined up once the sun returns. I am ready for some sunny days too, for sure!

I cut my grass with the mower on its highest setting on Sunday. I must say it looks really good and green. I might keep the grass a little higher than usual.

Last edited:

SoMdDude

I have seen some of the commercial guys mowing in the rain. I'm sure they will have plenty of work lined up once the sun returns. I am ready for some sunny days too, for sure!

I cut my grass with the mower on its highest setting on Sunday. I must say it looks really good and green. I might keep the grass a little higher than usual.

I wish my grass would keep me a little higher than usual :snacks:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Grass is growing and high, forced to cut in the wet.

Garden is underwater.

Ground is saturated.

I wonder how the Commercial -places are making out.

Must be way behind.

My son in law has his own landscape co and the weather has really screwed him up, plus the fact that the winter wasn't so great for snow plowing, either. And, my flowers in various containers in my yard and on my deck have drowned. Poor things. The succulents in my beds are doing the happy dance and turning jungle like. Mother Nature is something else, for sure! In my experience because we live in the woods, this kind of water saturation causes trees to fall. We had a huge hickory from the woods hit our house due to weather a few years ago. Just waiting for the next big boom. The sun will come out tomorrow, or another day. Just waiting.

Last edited:

wubbles

Had grass above the knee last Sunday. Didn't have an opportunity until then and part of the grass was still soaked. Got some neighbors with grass shooting up nearly waist high this weekend!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Had grass above the knee last Sunday. Didn't have an opportunity until then and part of the grass was still soaked. Got some neighbors with grass shooting up nearly waist high this weekend!

I will have to cut the front grass twice today at different heights.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
My grass is already so high that I'll be raking the whole dadgum yard after I mow it...and it's so wet that I don't know when that mowing will happen...

One more reason to have weeds instead of grass.... :coffee:

I'll wait until tomorrow when it dries down a bit more.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One more reason to have weeds instead of grass.... :coffee:

I'll wait until tomorrow when it dries down a bit more.

I have lots of nice swamp.

John Deere make a great lawn tractor..my 770 is exactly 20 years old and hasn't missed a beat. But I'm on the third mower deck....mowing swamp is apparently hard on those. :nomoney:

John Deere make a great lawn tractor..my 770 is exactly 20 years old and hasn't missed a beat. But I'm on the third mower deck....mowing swamp is apparently hard on those. :nomoney:

Same here, minus the swamp. I bought my 265 with the house in '94, and it had 200 hours on it then. Looks like hell, rust, peeling paint, the deck looks like swiss cheese, but still starts and runs beautifully. I was going to buy a new one last season, but figured it still runs and cuts, so lets run it until it dies. Might be a few years yet.

SoMdDude

Same here, minus the swamp. I bought my 265 with the house in '94, and it had 200 hours on it then. Looks like hell, rust, peeling paint, the deck looks like swiss cheese, but still starts and runs beautifully. I was going to buy a new one last season, but figured it still runs and cuts, so lets run it until it dies. Might be a few years yet.

Bought mine in 2004, everything except the blades are original on it still, LT 180, love it!

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Bought mine in 2004, everything except the blades are original on it still, LT 180, love it!

I'm thankful for guys like you....so I can keep finding used mower decks and keep my old tractor going. A new deck for my 770 is over 4 grand....but I've managed, so far, to buy used ones in the 2 grand range..

SoMdDude

I'm thankful for guys like you....so I can keep finding used mower decks and keep my old tractor going. A new deck for my 770 is over 4 grand....but I've managed, so far, to buy used ones in the 2 grand range..

Guys like me?

Umm I dont think you know who I am, and I really dont care, but you will not get mine lol

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Guys like me?

Umm I dont think you know who I am, and I really dont care, but you will not get mine lol

muah ha ha,

Last deck I bought off a guy just west of Cambridge. Long ride for a mower deck...but well worth it when you look at what Deere wants for a new one.