my left ankle

J

jp2854

i don't know what I did to my left ankle but last week I ended up with it swollen on one side it didn't bother me then all of a sudden 3 days ago it started to hurt to walk and today I am semi-crippled as it really hurts to walk or move my foot in either direction so I am sitting with my foot up but wish there was an easy fix to get it to go away :( as my job requires me to stand alot.

sunflower

Loving My Life...
i don't know what I did to my left ankle but last week I ended up with it swollen on one side it didn't bother me then all of a sudden 3 days ago it started to hurt to walk and today I am semi-crippled as it really hurts to walk or move my foot in either direction so I am sitting with my foot up but wish there was an easy fix to get it to go away :( as my job requires me to stand alot.

You should see my ankles :lol::faint:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Probably sprained it or, worst case, tore a ligament. Keep it elevated whenever you can and treat with ice packs.

Mojo

Okay, thanks for sharing :huggy:

J

jp2854

Probably sprained it or, worst case, tore a ligament. Keep it elevated whenever you can and treat with ice packs.

I bet you are right. I hear cracking sounds here and there when i turn my foot. but i am trying not to do that.

jetmonkey

What ever you do, DO NOT GO SEE A DOCTOR. Feet are not that important.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
RICE

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevate

I sprained my ankle when I fell off m horse on Friday. It is puffy but I still have to work. I have it wrapped up and will ice it tonight.

W

Wenchy

Mosquito or tick bite or a swift turn/knock? Please go see your doctor. When you have to stand for your job you need to take care of your feet/legs. I have no idea about your weight, but if overweight, losing some poundage will help. Kwillia will kill me for saying this, but Crocs are the best "standing" shoes you can buy.

J

jp2854

I have on walking shoes from the walking company that are supposed to be good. i need to give it another day or so and if not better I am going go get it checked as I said before I have o clue what it is. But I do know this i can't stand for long periods of time and walking is no fun but i got to walk. the more i stand the more it swells so i stay off my feet as much as possible.

thanks everyone who gave good advice. I am going to try to ice it tonight and see if that helps any and stay off them unless i have to go take the dog out as I don't have fence that comes all the way up to the door so i can't just let her out to do her business then let her back in.

J

jp2854

well i finally broke down this week and went to the doctors then the doctor sent me to the orthopedic doctor as she didn't know what was wrong. The ortho told me I have tendonitis in my left ankle so here i sit with a brace on and next week or sometime after that I start physical therapy for it to get it back to normal again. I am tired of shifting my weight to my right leg when i walk but the doctor said once i start physical therapy things should get better.

thanks again to everyone who gave me some helpful advice.