My Lottery Dream Home

NextJen

Raisin cane
Anybody ever watch this?

This one guy won $4M. He said he'd already bought like 2 trucks and a Slingshot as 'toys' and now he's looking for a home. His budget for his new home (in a small town of Illinois) is....get this..... $150K.

It made me think, what would I spend on a home if I won a few million? What else would I blow/spend it on? How much would I save for living expenses?
I'm pretty sure I'd spend more than $150K on a home, after all, waterfront property usually costs more than that. I'm thinking at least $600-800K.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
My wife and watch it. You really get a good idea of the differences in home values across the country. BTW there are at least 2 waterfront homes in the 7th for less than $500k

NextJen

Raisin cane
You really get a good idea of the differences in home values across the country.
Yes. I like watching Lakefront and Beachfront Bargain Hunt also. It is interesting to see how much properties go for in other areas.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My wife and watch it. You really get a good idea of the differences in home values across the country. BTW there are at least 2 waterfront homes in the 7th for less than $500k
One needs s bit of updating.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My lottery dream home is a custom RV. And I say that, but I'd rather find a used one that has had the kinks worked out of it already.

My other lottery dream home is no home at all, spend the money on vacation rentals in cool places.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I'd just settle for a comfortable little house. Warm, cozy... No nearby neighbors...

eattomorrowcom-768x576-1.jpg

glhs837

Power with Control
You'll have to build your own cabin but...

Leitisvatn6.jpg

Build cabin, you say? Hell no, I'm carving my house right into that piece right there on the left. Of course with the glass floored balcony off the wraparound living room near the top.

The Boss

Anybody ever watch this?

This one guy won $4M. He said he'd already bought like 2 trucks and a Slingshot as 'toys' and now he's looking for a home. His budget for his new home (in a small town of Illinois) is....get this..... $150K.

It made me think, what would I spend on a home if I won a few million? What else would I blow/spend it on? How much would I save for living expenses?
I'm pretty sure I'd spend more than $150K on a home, after all, waterfront property usually costs more than that. I'm thinking at least $600-800K.
He is walking away with around 2.5 million after taxes. I did see that episode and the guy was by himself and like where he lived . After the cars and the house he seems set for life .

Our current home is just over 3500 sqft and that seems to be the perfect amount of space, but I would want more private acreage than what we have. Rather than more house than we need, I would rather put the money in eye please landscaping and maintenance crews who will keep it picture perfect.

glhs837

Power with Control
Our current home is just over 3500 sqft and that seems to be the perfect amount of space, but I would want more private acreage than what we have. Rather than more house than we need, I would rather put the money in eye please landscaping and maintenance crews who will keep it picture perfect.

Why I like my forest. REquires no more maint than tossing leaves and branches back where they came from :)