My new horse is coming!!!

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I am SOOO excited! My new gelding is finally being shipped home! He will be here around 6:30 tomorrow night!! :yahoo:

His name is McGarry's Courage aka Toby. He is a 15.2hh (and growing!) 4 y/o Morgan gelding who has been shown lightly this year at rated Morgan shows on the East Coast in the Hunter Pleasure division. I know there arent a lot of Morgan show people in the SoMD area, but if you're interested in checking him out, here's some pictures: McGarrys Courage aka Toby pictures by rid3emcowgurl - Photobucket

Im so happy I could just dance :dye:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
He is super cute!!! Congrats!!! I am not a Morgan person but I really like him! What are you gonna do with him?

Thank you!!! I think hes cute, too :smile:

I'm going to take the rest of this year to get to know him (Ive never actually seen him in person, let alone ridden him lol), and then start showing him in the Hunter Pleasure (flat only, no jumping) division at rated Morgan shows next year... probabally starting in May.

Im really excited :yahoo:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
My new horse is HERE!!!

YAY! Im so excited! He got to the farm just before 7:00 on Monday evening. He had been on the trailer for 13 hours but wasnt even sweaty - the shipper was great. He is so sweet and TALL and just adorable :yahoo:

But of course... just my luck... He wasnt at his new home for even 24 hours and he had a loose shoe! :doh: :faint: Luckily it was just a rear shoe and it hasnt too hard for me to pull off (with some help from the owners of the stable... I definitely lack the stregnth of a farrier lol). So now I have to call a farrier to have the other three pulled and have plates put on... Lets hope this is the most trouble he gives me for quite some time! :wink:

Last edited:

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
Where did he come from (state). Some of the pictures the background I recognize from the Eastern States Expo Colisuem in Springfield, MA. I love Mass Morgan. I did the hunter classes up there the first year they had them. 20+ per class. Thought I was going to die.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Where did he come from (state). Some of the pictures the background I recognize from the Eastern States Expo Colisuem in Springfield, MA. I love Mass Morgan. I did the hunter classes up there the first year they had them. 20+ per class. Thought I was going to die.

He came from Colchester, VT. Some of the pictures were taken from Granite State back in June which I believe is in Springfield, MA., althought Ive never shown there. Mass Morgan I hear is a good show! I miss the days of 20+ in a Morgan Hunt class... it made a win feel like a REAL accomplishment. :diva:

Its cool to find other Morgan people in the SoMD area. We're so sparce around these parts...

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
I don't have morgans anymore. My current horse is a Appendix QH and a Irish Hunter. Both are big boys.

One day i will have morgans again when I have more time. It used to be a $$ thing, now it is a time thing.

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
I don't have morgans anymore. My current horse is a Appendix QH and a Irish Hunter. Both are big boys.

One day i will have morgans again when I have more time. It used to be a $$ thing, now it is a time thing.

Ahh you've moved over to the "dark side" :wink: lol jk

Well, whenever you're looking for a Morgan again (for show or not) be sure to PM me! I love horse-shopping... especially when its with other people's money LOL

2baymares

I am SOOO excited! My new gelding is finally being shipped home! He will be here around 6:30 tomorrow night!! :yahoo:

His name is McGarry's Courage aka Toby. He is a 15.2hh (and growing!) 4 y/o Morgan gelding who has been shown lightly this year at rated Morgan shows on the East Coast in the Hunter Pleasure division. I know there arent a lot of Morgan show people in the SoMD area, but if you're interested in checking him out, here's some pictures: McGarrys Courage aka Toby pictures by rid3emcowgurl - Photobucket

Im so happy I could just dance :dye:

Very Nice!! Congratulations!!

How is he doing?

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Very Nice!! Congratulations!!

How is he doing?

Thank you! He's doing very well. He wasnt at the farm even 24 hours before he had a loose shoe :doh: So I had to pull it two nights ago. But its all good - it was just a rear shoe and his foot wasnt tore up :smile:
I free-lunged him in the roundpen last night... his natural movement (no rider, gizmos or gadgets used) is gorgeous! :biggrin:

::HappyDance:: :dance:

lnmarsh

Love * Luck * Faith
Well... rode for the first time today.

Toby did great! :biggrin: I about died... :dead:

Good gawd Im out of shape. I need a nap :yawn: