My rant against Republicans

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Go ahead...

valentino said:
I guess plain old Iraqi citizens are not human then, nothing like tearing the hell out of a country that is already beaten down to the point of submission, raises morale like no tomorrow.

...say it; they were all better off under Saddam and there is NO case to be made to even try liberating people.

ylexot

Super Genius
valentino said:
I guess plain old Iraqi citizens are not human then, nothing like tearing the hell out of a country that is already beaten down to the point of submission, raises morale like no tomorrow.
What does that have to do with the cost of tea in China? :confused:

valentino

Larry Gude said:
...say it; they were all better off under Saddam and there is NO case to be made to even try liberating people.

Nope, not going to say something I do not believe, but I do think we went in too fast, and in all the wrong ways. Oh, but where is Bin Laden, the supposed reason for all of this? How many americans died just last month, and for what gain?

What about Darfur, think they need liberating, or better yet just some sort of saving grace from the atrocities?

Say what you will, and I could care less if I am not part of your somd clic, there have been mistakes in this "mission" and it is far from accomplished, but not because of the terrorists completely, because we misunderestimated the backlash and the degree of power small groups can have. We could really have learned a lot from 9/11, but now we are less safe, secure, and calm in our surroundings than ever before.

Insurgents...they are only insurging because we are there, and in their eyes trying to take over the arab world, whether they like it or not.

Anyway, it is getting late, and to be honest I want to make the best of this day I have waited a long time for.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
valentino said:
one that is costing more than some if not all of the previous wars combined, but again, that is what you wanted.
Really.. show me the numbers and accounting in 2006 dollars how this war has even cost 10% of WWII did...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
valentino said:
What about Darfur, think they need liberating, or better yet just some sort of saving grace from the atrocities?
Since we're a little busy right now, don't you think the UN should step up and deal with Darfur? :smilingsweetly:

valentino

vraiblonde said:
Since we're a little busy right now, don't you think the UN should step up and deal with Darfur? :smilingsweetly:

We are quite busy, but things that were more important could have been dealt with first. It seems that the UN gets the blame for all of the US's problems, yet were are also a big influence for the UN...so sure, they can take care of it, but that means we are taking care of it as well.

BuddyLee

Football addict
vraiblonde said:
Well, they did an excellent job in Rwanda.:sarcasm:

ylexot

Super Genius
valentino said:
Nope, not going to say something I do not believe, but I do think we went in too fast, and in all the wrong ways.
I think we took too much time talking which allowed the WMDs to go elsewhere. :shrug:
valentino said:
Oh, but where is Bin Laden, the supposed reason for all of this? How many americans died just last month, and for what gain?
BIN LADEN IS NOT THE REASON FOR AFGHANISTAN OR IRAQ! It is terrorism. Bin Laden just happens to be the poster child for terrorism since he is the leader of the biggest terrorist group.

valentino said:
Afghanistan/Iraq - Terrorism - US security interest
Darfur - Genocide - No US security interest, aka job for the UN

valentino said:
Insurgents...they are only insurging because we are there, and in their eyes trying to take over the arab world, whether they like it or not.
No, they are "insurging" because the majority of Iraqis fear them and are not willing to take them on. Complacence is acceptance.

valentino

Have a nice evening folks, I have dogs, horses, goats and chickens to take care of...and maybe some liberal BS Netflix movie waiting for me at home.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
valentino said:
...but now we are less safe, secure, and calm in our surroundings than ever before.

Anyway, it is getting late, and to be honest I want to make the best of this day I have waited a long time for.
You almost had me up to that point.. we are safer.. how many thousands of innocent American civilians have died since 9/11??

The insurgents are there becasue they want to take over Iraq and implement Shia law.. be another offshoot of Iran.

If we weren't there, or if we pulled out tomorrow, I would bet Iran would invade and have control over a good portion of the Middle East oil. Then we'd haev to go back and fight a unified Middle East.. Iran, Syria, Iraq, Jordan.. all the while they train and prepare killer teams to attack us where we live.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
itsbob said:

If we weren't there, or if we pulled out tomorrow, I would bet Iran would invade and have control over a good portion of the Middle East oil. Then we'd haev to go back and fight a unified Middle East.. Iran, Syria, Iraq, Jordan.. all the while they train and prepare killer teams to attack us where we live.
Get ready. It's coming.
The thing is the terrorists hit big targets - big cities. I doubt there will be an attack on downtown Compton or even Leonardtown. Now a nuke in Manhattan or Chicago or even Baltimore. That they might do and with the Dems controlling the purse strings, the terrorists will have a better chance of pulling it off.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Sharon said:
Dear Frumpy,

I'll be dropping you a sleeping bag, shaving kit, and fresh clothes for the rest of the week at your office soon.

If you attempt to come home in this mood and ruin my "happy place" you'll have more reasons than you ever dreamed possible to complain.

Your misery will find no company here.

LYMI! :love:
Are you bringing my stuff? I'd like to go to sleep sometime tonight.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
green My rant against Republi... 11-08-2006 06:33 PM You are giving the devil a foot hole you know better stop it with the negative thinking

Thanks. I know you are right. I even emailed Bill Keller to get him to pray for me. He told me to just apologize and move on. I wish I could. My human spirit is so down and, right now, in control. I am so disheartened, I can't even pray.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
valentino said:
We are quite busy, but things that were more important could have been dealt with first. It seems that the UN gets the blame for all of the US's problems, yet were are also a big influence for the UN...so sure, they can take care of it, but that means we are taking care of it as well.
Are you suggesting that the US invade another country and disrupt their status quo?

:faint:

And please explain to me why Darfur is the US's "problem"? Are they a direct threat to us?