Myrtle Beach

I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a vacation and I have never been there and I was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for the trip, as in attractions, drive, etc. I know we are staying in North Myrtle Beach.
:peace:

OldHillcrestGuy

Went to Myrtle Beach for the first time 2 years ago, loved it, went back last year and going back twice this year, cant wait till Oct.1st to get here. There are alot of places for entertainment, Alabama Theatre, Carolina Opry, Palace Theatre, Dixe Stampede, Medival Times, Legends in Concert to name a few all these places have shows of there own. Several of them bring in bigger entertainers to do shows, last year I saw George Jones, this year Im going to see Lorreta Lynn and Ronnie Milsap while Im there. The shows arent all country saw the Coasters, Drifters, and Platters down there also. Many very nice places to eat, two outlets for shopping, we just really enjoyed ourselves. We are able to go in late September early October (kids grown) and its not to crowded and the room rates drop like crazy, many places offer package deals, we will be staying 6 nights and our room will only be about $52.00 a night right on the ocean. I think you will really enjoy.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
workin hard said:
I'm going to Myrtle Beach for a vacation and I have never been there and I was wondering if anyone had any tips/advice for the trip, as in attractions, drive, etc. I know we are staying in North Myrtle Beach.
:peace:

Make sure to go to Broadway at the Beach...Look here ....There is a lot of entertainment, shopping, food and a nice aquarium....A very fun night spot too...Barefoot landing is a good place too....Shopping, and just a good little walk-around spot....Look here

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
I went online and ordered their tourism package. It came with a map of the area, coupons and all sorts of other items. It was great in planning my trip.

K

Katie

I was down there in February and had a blast. P and I plan on going in September or October. Just need to plan around my school sessions.

C

CapsFan

They have a nice aquarium and the Ripley’s attractions are fun also. Rent a Harley for the day. Great restaurants, plenty of mini golf. We love it there you will have plenty to do. Find a local magazine and look through it, it will help as well. Have fun.

:cheers:

OldHillcrestGuy

Katie said:
I was down there in February and had a blast. P and I plan on going in September or October. Just need to plan around my school sessions.
Katie if you like noise last week in September is 'Fall Biker Week' we went last year not knowing it was biker week, lots of bikes and noise but everything was good, from what I saw well behaved group. Gave you some other sites to see while you where there. Great place, Ive lived in Maryland all my life, but if I would pull up roots in my older days (which are fast approaching) Myrtle Beach would be at the top of my list to move to. Real estate compared to up here is so much more affordable down there.

C

czygvtwkr

I didn't care too much for it but I did love the Ripleys museum and a water park that was there. The only other beach I had been to was in Tampa though so it really wasn't a fair comparison.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Dick's Last Resort! :lmao:

Suck, Bang, Blow... but that might only be open during Bike Week, I'm not sure...