MySpace Impersonator

meangirl

Nice lady!
Teenager Mentally Abused By Adults Commits Suicide
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->"Megan went to her room and Ron went downstairs to the kitchen, where he and Tina talked about what had happened, the MySpace account, and made dinner.

Twenty minutes later, Tina suddenly froze in mid-sentence.

"I had this God-awful feeling and I ran up into her room and she had hung herself in the closet."

Megan Taylor Meier died the next day, three weeks before her 14th birthday.

Later that day, Ron opened his daughter's MySpace account and viewed what he believes to be the final message Megan saw - one the FBI would be unable to retrieve from the hard drive.

It was from Josh and, according to Ron's best recollection, it said, "Everybody in O'Fallon knows how you are. You are a bad person and everybody hates you. Have a ####ty rest of your life. The world would be a better place without you."

Tina and Ron saw a grief counselor. Tina went to a couple of Parents After Loss of Suicide meetings, as well.

They tried to message Josh Evans, to let him know the deadly power of mean words. But his MySpace account had been deleted.

Unreal!

W

Wenchy

Teenager Mentally Abused By Adults Commits Suicide
<HR style="COLOR: #d1d1e1" SIZE=1><!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->"Megan went to her room and Ron went downstairs to the kitchen, where he and Tina talked about what had happened, the MySpace account, and made dinner.

Twenty minutes later, Tina suddenly froze in mid-sentence.

"I had this God-awful feeling and I ran up into her room and she had hung herself in the closet."

Megan Taylor Meier died the next day, three weeks before her 14th birthday.

Later that day, Ron opened his daughter's MySpace account and viewed what he believes to be the final message Megan saw - one the FBI would be unable to retrieve from the hard drive.

It was from Josh and, according to Ron's best recollection, it said, "Everybody in O'Fallon knows how you are. You are a bad person and everybody hates you. Have a ####ty rest of your life. The world would be a better place without you."

Tina and Ron saw a grief counselor. Tina went to a couple of Parents After Loss of Suicide meetings, as well.

They tried to message Josh Evans, to let him know the deadly power of mean words. But his MySpace account had been deleted.

Unreal!

His name was Josh Evans. He was 16 years old. And he was hot.

"Mom! Mom! Mom! Look at him!" Tina Meier recalls her daughter saying.

Josh had contacted Megan Meier through her MySpace page and wanted to be added as a friend.Yes, he's cute, Tina Meier told her daughter. "Do you know who he is?"

"No, but look at him! He's hot! Please, please, can I add him?"

Mom said yes. And for six weeks Megan and Josh - under Tina's watchful eye - became acquainted in the virtual world of MySpace

W

Wenchy

What kind of sick parents do this kind of thing though? I can't imagine creating a myspace "teen account" to mess with my neighbors child. Too freaky. :shakeshead:

The parents who allowed her to talk to a "Hot" guy on myspace are to blame.

Ultimately, it was Megan's choice to do what she did, he says. "But it was like someone handed her a loaded gun."

The reality is, we can all be who we want to be online, and parents need to protect their children from it. JMO.

Children can be cruel, and as we know from our internet life, adults are the same way.

Pandora

These people set out to intentionally harass, belittle, and emotionally bagger another human being. It is sick minded.

Sad, there are many on this forum who I believe ARE capable of doing such a thing. Shame on me for feeling that way. :ohwell:

Pandora

11-14-2007 07:13 PM It's BADGER, not BAGGER...dur...and you should be ashamed because YOU have done the same thing. :mirrormirror:

Whatever it is called and no I have not. Go ahead karma bomb me, you've mistaken me for somebody who cares but not somebody who will say what is on my mind.

Only guilty people will be insulted anyway. :whistle:

meangirl

Nice lady!
The parents who allowed her to talk to a "Hot" guy on myspace are to blame.

The reality is, we can all be who we want to be online, and parents need to protect their children from it. JMO.

Children can be cruel, and as we know from our internet life, adults are the same way.

These people set out to intentionally harass, belittle, and emotionally bagger another human being. It is sick minded.

Sad, there are many on this forum who I believe ARE capable of doing such a thing. Shame on me for feeling that way. :ohwell:

I agree with both of you. Adults do vicious stuff to each other online all the time. I've seen it here for sure.

What got me is the adults did this to a child. I hope they feel guilty and ashamed for the rest of their lives. :yay:

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
I have a myspace that ussually consists of telling my friends stories of getting drunk and being arrested by old women.... I don't think I've ever made anyone kill themselves....

meangirl

Nice lady!
11-14-2007 07:13 PM It's BADGER, not BAGGER...dur...and you should be ashamed because YOU have done the same thing. :mirrormirror:

Whatever it is called and no I have not. Go ahead karma bomb me, you've mistaken me for somebody who cares but not somebody who will say what is on my mind.

Only guilty people will be insulted anyway. :whistle:

I've seen you be badgered but never seen you do it to another. :shrug:

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Jesus, this is why you monitor your kids use of the internet. If they seem a little too involved or reduced to tears unplug the damn computer or get rid of your internet service. You have the power to keep them offline for as long as you want or until they connect with the real world again.