Mystery in California

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
A tacked-up horse skeleton has been found in a California state park, sparking a probe into how the animal met its fate.

Mystery Horse Skeleton found in California - Barnmice

They assume the saddle is a Simco, which is an expensive gaited or endurance type saddle, so the horse wasn't owned by your "average" Joe. But the halter was put on backwards, and there are no saddle pad remnents...which are both weird.

Last edited:

Cowgirl

They assume the saddle is a Simco, which is an expensive gaited or endurance type saddle, so the horse wasn't owned by your "average" Joe. But the halter was put on backwards, and there are no saddle pad remnents...which are both weird.

Palm said the saddle may be a Simco made in the 1950s or 1960s, which were inexpensive saddles that sold for between $200 and $400.

And I wonder if the saddle pad rotted away?

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
And I wonder if the saddle pad rotted away?
You think 2-400 was cheap back in the 50-60s?
I think the word INexpensive was a type O, but i could be wrong, I wasn't buying saddles during that timeframe.

They must not have found any evidence of a saddle pad. I'd think there'd be some scrap left somewhere, if one was on the horse, maybe UNDER the saddle which wouldn't be exposed to the elements.

Last edited: