Nail salons

cinderella2049

Where is the best place for getting tips and a good pedi??? I don't like the place where they put on the tips really thick, or take 3 frickin hours to do them. I'm generally in the California area...I've tried the Kim's in San Souci-DID NOT LIKE, went to Diamond nails in Wildewood, the girl took literally 2 hrs and 45 minutes to do a simple pedi and put on a set of tips.-then she charged me $70. :shocking: Tried the Kims in the park, not too bad, but it was really crowded and i can see where the tips are stuck on my nails. :eyebrow: I don't have time to run all over the frickin county trying to find a good place to go. Help........

Sheardelight

Go See Peter At Kreative Nails On Great Mills Road Across From The Carwash. There Are Two Other Girls That Can Do Your Pedi. The Chair Alone Is Worth It! Its Awesome!

MMorgan

Yes. I second the suggestion to go to Kreative Nails. See Christine for a Pedicure. She just did mine last Friday. AMAZING! My sister got her nails done and EVERYONE has been complimenting them. They are very affordable as well. You will have to let us know how your experience goes! :eek:)

p.s. The chair is pretty awesome and worth the visit!

spookthis

Is the chair at Kreative Nails any different than the other salons? I go to Kim's 2 in Callaway. They just got some new Ped chairs in, but it's the standard back massage type that are in most salons.

jenbengen

Watch it
I am still shopping around. Went to the place next to Best Buy. They did a nice pedi but I thought it was a little pricey.

sccrmommy

Come to Calvert! Paradise Nails in Prince Frederick only took a little over an hour to do a pedi, full set of nails, AND an eyebrow wax....and it all looked good too!

beamher

cinderella2049 said:
Where is the best place for getting tips and a good pedi??? I don't like the place where they put on the tips really thick, or take 3 frickin hours to do them. I'm generally in the California area...I've tried the Kim's in San Souci-DID NOT LIKE, went to Diamond nails in Wildewood, the girl took literally 2 hrs and 45 minutes to do a simple pedi and put on a set of tips.-then she charged me $70. :shocking: Tried the Kims in the park, not too bad, but it was really crowded and i can see where the tips are stuck on my nails. :eyebrow: I don't have time to run all over the frickin county trying to find a good place to go. Help........

not sure, but the price seems in the ball park, did you get any designs or anything else??; anyone care to comment on the pricing

beamher

cinderella2049 said:
I wish I had time!!!! All the other ladies may be able to go there, but I need something like 10 minutes away, I have little to no spare time, I usually have to run and have it done on a lunch break or take my kids and have theirs done too...I just don't have time for all the little luxuries.....sigh...

it's best probably to make an appt. in your case

beamher

cinderella2049 said:
True....very true...it's hard to know when I'm going to be available even for an appt....ahhh...the joys of being a hardworking citizen...and wife...and mom...

same here; however, sometimes you have to make time for self; mine is saturdays :yahoo:; i love the nail salon by my job, so i normally do that on lunch break--i get my feet, nails & eyebrows done in an hour (it could vary, i'm sure, depending on the services). i pay about $70, but the service i receive, it's worth it and i'm always pleased

Last edited:

bluewater

nails

cinderella2049 said:

Try Bella Salon next to Starbucks on 235. I go to Katie and she does a great job! Always happy with her work!

kalmd

In order to get new tips/acrylics, do you have to have decent sized nails already? I am a terrible nail biter, and would like to get acrylics, but my nails are super short from biting them.

beamher

kalmd said:
In order to get new tips/acrylics, do you have to have decent sized nails already? I am a terrible nail biter, and would like to get acrylics, but my nails are super short from biting them.

i think a good nail tech is the solution; you really have to try different ones if don't have one and don't feel as though you have to remain with the same one just beacause--i have requested someone else in the midst of getting my nails done (do not stick me with someone who is still learning, not familiar with the equipment, etc.) I feel as though they're charging me full price for a service that's not being rendered.

N

nitwhit3286

I have been over to number one spa nails..or whatever it is called next to the best buy...they are ok I guess....only one or two worth going to. I usually head over to kims nails in lexington park. I have always had my nails done by her and they always look fabulous!!!