Nails?

M

Mousebaby

Hi ladies :howdy:

I have only had my nails done once and that was 12 yrs. ago for my wedding. How much does it usually cost to get nails done. What kind are the best to get, and how often do you need touch ups and where is a good place in the Park to get them done? I think that's all the questions I have for now. Please help, I wants some purty nails! :lmao:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Me and my girl get the gel(which is more durable than the acrylic) and it cost us $40 a set....we go just about every 2 weeks and get them filled....cost $20....we go to the place by Best Buy now 'cause it's convient and I like the people in there....very friendly and they translate most conversations that they are having in front of you(I think it's rude that people talk in a language that I only know like 2 words in front of me)

I'm not sure were to go in the Park....but, I highly recommend the place I go to(and if I could remember the name right now, I'd tell you :lol:)

onebdzee

off the shelf
I don't know the name of the one in Wildewood but I have heard several good things about them.

I use to go there about 3 years ago....the orginal owner sold it to a guy that if you don't tip him at least half of the cost of your nails, he makes you wait till one of the other nail techs gets freed up :ohwell:

Only happened once for me and I took my business else where

M

Mousebaby

Me and my girl get the gel(which is more durable than the acrylic) and it cost us $40 a set....we go just about every 2 weeks and get them filled....cost $20....we go to the place by Best Buy now 'cause it's convient and I like the people in there....very friendly and they translate most conversations that they are having in front of you(I think it's rude that people talk in a language that I only know like 2 words in front of me)

I'm not sure were to go in the Park....but, I highly recommend the place I go to(and if I could remember the name right now, I'd tell you :lol:)

Ok, being a non-nail person, do you have to make an appointment for such things or can you just walk in and say "make me glamorous!" ??? :popcorn:

onebdzee

off the shelf
Ok, being a non-nail person, do you have to make an appointment for such things or can you just walk in and say "make me glamorous!" ??? :popcorn:

you walk in and say "I want a full set"(as you sign your name on a "sign in sheet")....they usually say "pick a color"....when it's your turn, they tell you to sit in a chair, they will ask if you want gel or acrylic(sometimes they don't)

If you do a lot of work with your hands(like I do)....I recommend paying the extra $5-$10 for the gel....it's a little tougher than the acrylic

Callie girl

I use to go there about 3 years ago....the orginal owner sold it to a guy that if you don't tip him at least half of the cost of your nails, he makes you wait till one of the other nail techs gets freed up :ohwell:

Only happened once for me and I took my business else where

Yeah I think I would take my business elsewhere to.

Rachel614

If your looking for an very inexpensive way to make your nails look gorgeous, but don't want to deal with the up keep or runing your nail. I have been using boardway nails. They are durable and look more natural then any nail set i've ever gotten. I always have plenty of compliments on them, because they are so natural looking. You can find them at walmart, target, or any drug store and choose form a wide selection. Pink or white french tips, and ones with jewels or designs on them as well.

M

Mousebaby

you walk in and say "I want a full set"(as you sign your name on a "sign in sheet")....they usually say "pick a color"....when it's your turn, they tell you to sit in a chair, they will ask if you want gel or acrylic(sometimes they don't)

If you do a lot of work with your hands(like I do)....I recommend paying the extra $5-$10 for the gel....it's a little tougher than the acrylic

Here's my new purty nails! Thanks 1BZ :huggy:

Last edited by a moderator: