nails

just.me

Just wondering as I sit here and file a broken nail:

how many ladies out there have fake nails?

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Not me! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had fake nails. :tap:....Nope, never.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Shouldn't you do a poll?

Mine are my own - I stick my hands in a lot of water, so it makes no sense to waste my money on false nails that won't last.

H

hborror

I get them maybe once a year, only for weddings or something like that.

camily

Peace
:howdy: I have overlays so my nails are actually that length, just have a "cover". I LOVE them!! I have always had long nails but hated the breaking and chipping. I'll never go back.

camily

Peace
Chasey_Lane said:
Not me; I grow my own! Acrylic nails suck!
You think? I love them. The polish stays on great and no breaking. I always grew my own too until about 1-2 years ago. Now I'm hooked.

H

hborror

camily said:
You think? I love them. The polish stays on great and no breaking. I always grew my own too until about 1-2 years ago. Now I'm hooked.

I think that is true about the polish staying on but man do that hurt when you take em' off.

camily

Peace
hborror said:
I think that is true about the polish staying on but man do that hurt when you take em' off.
When you get them taken off at the salon they soak them in nail polish remover. That eats away at the acrylic and they come right off. No sweat.

Nickel said:
Not me! Come to think of it, I don't think I've ever had fake nails. :tap:....Nope, never.
Same here. Never had them and don't expect to ever want them. I hear that once you get them, it's constant maintenance to keep them "filled" as they grow out, and it does major damage to the natural nails.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
kwillia said:
I hear that once you get them, it's constant maintenance to keep them "filled" as they grow out, and it does major damage to the natural nails.
Yes, they are a raging PITA to maintain. I got fiberglass nails and they looked terrific - until it was time to have them filled. Then you can definitely see where the fills have taken place.

Plus I hate wearing nail polish and there's no French manicure in the world that doesn't look fake.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
camily said:
When you get them taken off at the salon they soak them in nail polish remover. That eats away at the acrylic and they come right off. No sweat.
Just thinking about soaking my nails in acetone makes me cringe. :lol:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
Mine are my own. I use to get the UV gel but with 2 pigs I just don't have the time to go get it done any more.

On another note, I do believe that my nails are addicted to nail polish. Seems every time I take it off they are very dry and brittle.

camily

Peace
vraiblonde said:
Yes, they are a raging PITA to maintain. I got fiberglass nails and they looked terrific - until it was time to have them filled. Then you can definitely see where the fills have taken place.

Plus I hate wearing nail polish and there's no French manicure in the world that doesn't look fake.
I don't think I've ever heard of fiberglass nails.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
camily said:
I hate to file my nails too. :lol: I don't know if it's the sound or feeling or what. I've become an expert at clipping them, so that I never have to file afterwards. :lol:

H

hborror

pixiegirl said:
Mine are my own. I use to get the UV gel but with 2 pigs I just don't have the time to go get it done any more.

On another note, I do believe that my nails are addicted to nail polish. Seems every time I take it off they are very dry and brittle.

OK what are the gel nail? What is the difference?