Name stealing??

puggymom

I was reading another forum that is mainly a women's/parenting forum. Anyway my attention was directed towards a post from a woman who is due in August who was complaining because someone who frequents the same forum 'stole' her babies name.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-praug08n&msg=12208.1&x=y

I mean we are talking about complete strangers from all over the world here not her sister or something. It made me :killingme Pregnancy hormones I guess.

K

kris31280

I was reading another forum that is mainly a women's/parenting forum. Anyway my attention was directed towards a post from a woman who is due in August who was complaining because someone who frequents the same forum 'stole' her babies name.

http://messageboards.ivillage.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=iv-praug08n&msg=12208.1&x=y

I mean we are talking about complete strangers from all over the world here not her sister or something. It made me :killingme Pregnancy hormones I guess.
:lmao: It's one thing if it's someone you know that's in your immediate vicinity... it's another when the person is far away and a name on a chat board.

Thank god my sister in law has a thing for overly common names, like Julia and Joshua or Jacob... I never have to worry about her stealing my names.

puggymom

:lmao: It's one thing if it's someone you know that's in your immediate vicinity... it's another when the person is far away and a name on a chat board.

Thank god my sister in law has a thing for overly common names, like Julia and Joshua or Jacob... I never have to worry about her stealing my names.

EXACTLY!! I mean in this case she is in SC (or I assume from her screen name) and the other person is in a completely different country!!!! I guess she is pi$$ed because she cannot visit that country now since her kid will have the same name as someone else there. :ohwell:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
My SIL informed me the other day that I had the audacity to name my last child the same name (both first and middle) as her childhood cabbage patch doll. :yikes:

I'm ready for her.:duel:

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
:roflmao:

She reallly remember her cabbage patch doll's full name? :faint:

My one and only cabbage patch doll was named Theodora Shani, My grandma fought 4 other women for that doll. She is still spunky at 89 years. Of course I to this day remember the doll's name 25 years later, but I haven't a clue what happened to the doll.:ohwell:

C

CalvertNewbie

Do you think I should join that forum and say that if we have a boy, that's the name we're using? Better not, I might push her over the edge! :lmao:

Please tell me it's not normal to get that emotional over something so stupid later on in pregnancy. If I'm anything like that, hubby's gonna tell me to go visit my parents out of state for a while!

KWAK

That's just ignorant! She should be flattered someone liked it enough!

Heck, I wish I could see some names posted that I like so much. . . . I'm not really digging anything at this point!!

C

CalvertNewbie

Heck, I wish I could see some names posted that I like so much. . . . I'm not really digging anything at this point!!

:howdy: Feeling any better? Still no luck thinking of names, huh? Time to break out the name books. Or you could just "steal" a name from one of the many forums out there. :smile:

sockgirl77

:roflmao:

She reallly remember her cabbage patch doll's full name? :faint:

I remember all of mine. I had 9. Out of those 9 I adopted and renamed 7 of them. The 2 that I did not were Abbott Alexi and Corrine Lorraine. I named one Gavin Michael after the boy that stole my heart in the 9th grade. :hot:

KWAK

:howdy: Feeling any better? Still no luck thinking of names, huh? Time to break out the name books. Or you could just "steal" a name from one of the many forums out there. :smile:

No better!! I'm puking like 3-4 times a day! It was supposed to be over by now since I'm in the 2nd trimester! The couple of names I have liked, hubby has hated and vice versa! Glad I still a few months to go. . .

Wait - I know, I'm naming one of them CalvertNewbie! HA HA

K

kris31280

No better!! I'm puking like 3-4 times a day! It was supposed to be over by now since I'm in the 2nd trimester! The couple of names I have liked, hubby has hated and vice versa! Glad I still a few months to go. . .

Wait - I know, I'm naming one of them CalvertNewbie! HA HA
Tell the doctor to put you on zofran... it's a miracle drug... I puked my whole pregnancy.

If I ever have another, the girl would be Arianna Jeanette, after my childhood best friend who died in 1998 or the boy would potentially be d'Artagnan James, provided I don't fall in love with another red head :lol:

sockgirl77

Tell the doctor to put you on zofran... it's a miracle drug... I puked my whole pregnancy.

If I ever have another, the girl would be Arianna Jeanette, after my childhood best friend who died in 1998 or the boy would potentially be d'Artagnan James, provided I don't fall in love with another red head :lol:

Poor kid.

belvak

Happy Camper

:yeahthat: I would think it was neat that someone liked the name I picked out for my child to use it for theirs.

Daughter's name is Jennette. I spelled it differently so that she would never be nicknamed "Jean". Not that Jean isn't a perfectly good name, I just didn't want that as a nickname for her.

FromTexas

This Space for Rent
You should go back to that forum and said you shared this info on other forums... and say that five women all like the name from different forums and will be using it.