Name this place

littlelady

God bless the USA

I give up! I researched it for the last two days. Good one! Obviously, I haven't been there. I just know it is not Machu Picchu. :lol: I went to Machu Picchu when I was five because my father was a geophysicist for Standard/Amoco Oil, and he/we were transferred to Cochabamba Bolivia for 2 years. I saw a lot of S. America. I wish I had the ability to post pictures of all that. Maybe, someone else knows where your pic is from; I bet you have been there. This is a fun and informative thread. Thanks for bringing it back. It is a nice break from all the political stuff. :smile:

Last edited:
How many of you are cheating by using Google Images Search?

I did that for a few, but didn't post the results.

littlelady

God bless the USA
How many of you are cheating by using Google Images Search?

I did that for a few, but didn't post the results.

Well, if one has not been to a place, how else can one know? Why does that matter, anyway? I think it is fun to play detective, and try to figure it out, and it inspires me to go to these places; not to mention that this thread is fun and educational; unlike most threads on this forum when members are bashing each other. When this thread was started 9 years ago, members were guessing. I don't get your point. :shrug:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
No, I haven't been there. :lol: Found it when searching for something else today, and thought the history was interesting. Where is it?

Hint: It is not there anymore.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 149
Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Civita di Bagnoregio, Viterbo, Italy

Correct! I didn't know, but have a source that told me. Thank goodness because it was driving me crazy! So, I didn't post the answer because that would be cheating. :lol:

Last edited:

Miker/t

No, I haven't been there. :lol: Found it when searching for something else today, and thought the history was interesting. Where is it?

Hint: It is not there anymore.

Holland Island. I saw that on Chesapeake Bay by Air on PBS just the other day.

Merlin

Registered Smarta$$
Correct! I didn't know, but have a source that told me. Thank goodness because it was driving me crazy! So, I didn't post the answer because that would be cheating. :lol:
Was there in the 90's while stuck in Milan for a few weeks.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Holland Island. I saw that on Chesapeake Bay by Air on PBS just the other day.

I found the story so intriguing, and was fascinated by it. It is like a local Atlantis. I am sure there have been other islands submerged, too, and no one knew. I am a history nut, so finding info like this is fun. I missed the PBS show. Maybe, my xfinity has it on demand. Thanks!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
100_0131.jpg

There is a city that is view able from the highway. It's in the US. Most Americans have heard the name of this town.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Greek author

Hub went to Quantico for overnight run/race, so I thought I would take the time to try to figure out your place. I can't figure it out. :tantrum: I love brain teasers, history and knowledge of the world so am glad you brought this thread back from the past. I will think about it tomorrow. Maybe, someone else knows the answer. More hints appreciated. :smile: Nite nite.

Last edited: