Name Three Things

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I am bringing this over from my "favorite" 🙄 cat forum. Name 3 things you have done or will do today.

° Make cinnamon rolls for breakfast

° Change bedsheets

° Pick up some items from the store that I either couldn't find or forgot to get at the grocery store yesterday

SamSpade

:huggy:
How is your mom doing?

Hard to say. COVID is making her "normal" health problems worse. She has struggled with seizures for years and she has a pacemaker.
But lately COVID is complicating things especially in - believe it or not - logistics. As in, she can't get in home care, because no one will do it.
If my family members take her home while she still has it, they have to self-quarantine. My sister has been out of work for weeks. My other sister lives with her - she cannot afford to live on her own. So where can SHE live?

And then there's the hospital rules. She needs neurologists, but they're wasting resources trying to deal with COVID where she has very mild symptoms. They're medicating her and she's reacting badly to the medication now.

It's kind of like, she has cancer and they're going apeshit to treat a headache. (That's an illustration - she does not have cancer).
That kind of thing.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Hard to say. COVID is making her "normal" health problems worse. She has struggled with seizures for years and she has a pacemaker.
But lately COVID is complicating things especially in - believe it or not - logistics. As in, she can't get in home care, because no one will do it.
If my family members take her home while she still has it, they have to self-quarantine. My sister has been out of work for weeks. My other sister lives with her - she cannot afford to live on her own. So where can SHE live?

And then there's the hospital rules. She needs neurologists, but they're wasting resources trying to deal with COVID where she has very mild symptoms. They're medicating her and she's reacting badly to the medication now.

It's kind of like, she has cancer and they're going apeshit to treat a headache. (That's an illustration - she does not have cancer).
That kind of thing.
It's maddening. The whole situation is just maddening.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
So sorry Sam. That has to be more than frustrating. Would a patient advocate be of any help to you?

SamSpade

So sorry Sam. That has to be more than frustrating. Would a patient advocate be of any help to you?

I don't want to hijack the thread so - no, probably not. She lives several states away, I can't reasonably do anything, her having COVID means I can't visit anyway and she is 83 and has been in poor health for many years. As you might guess, we've got other concerns as well.

ANYWAY - last note - I hope my CONVERSATION goes well.

Carry on.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
I need to add to my list..

Clean bathrooms

Dust bedroom

Do a few loads of laundry

I am trying to get as many weekend chores knocked out so I can actually enjoy the weekend. I am off next week so I will keep the more time consuming tasks for Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday through Sunday I will be on post-OP kitten duty.