Naps

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
Does anybody get them? If so, how do you turn it off? I've got two little ones and on occasion, they nap at the same time. So I try to take advantage and do the same. Only I just lay there. It is extremely frustrating. Especially when I'm soo tired. My husband can lay down and be asleep within 5 min. My mom within one. Why oh why can't I just take a little 20 min nap?:bawl:
Anyone have any secrets to the elusive daytime nap?

Cowgirl

Four*Leaf*Farm said:
Does anybody get them? If so, how do you turn it off? I've got two little ones and on occasion, they nap at the same time. So I try to take advantage and do the same. Only I just lay there. It is extremely frustrating. Especially when I'm soo tired. My husband can lay down and be asleep within 5 min. My mom within one. Why oh why can't I just take a little 20 min nap?:bawl:

There's a little exercise that I've found to be helpful on those rare (VERY rare) occasions when I can't fall asleep. Lay flat on your back with your eyes closed and start at the bottom of your feet. Think about your feet and relax them...when they're totally relaxed move up to your lower legs. Just keep thinking "relax, relax." Work your way up in increments until your whole entire body is relaxed. Sounds weird, but works. When I do it, I'm asleep before I get to my knees. :lol:

M

Mousebaby

I have NEVER had trouble going to sleep for a nap. However, at night is another story. I have to take Lunesta sometimes to get to sleep. I just don't know what to tell you about the daytime nap thing. My girlfriend in Seattle has the same problem. She can lay down and lay there for an hour or so but never go to sleep. She says its very frustrating and even ends up with a headache sometimes. I say maybe get a relaxation CD. Like waves or rain, or a storm or something. I recently found a set of electric windchimes that I use nightly and it knocks me right out. It sounds very real and even does the chimes randomly as if you were really outside in a nice breeze. Having the fan blowing at the same time helps me go into a nice fantasy of lying on the beach in a hammock with a light breeze blowing. :yawn: :snooze:

Cowgirl

Mousebaby said:
I have NEVER had trouble going to sleep for a nap. However, at night is another story. I have to take Lunesta sometimes to get to sleep. I just don't know what to tell you about the daytime nap thing. My girlfriend in Seattle has the same problem. She can lay down and lay there for an hour or so but never go to sleep. She says its very frustrating and even ends up with a headache sometimes. I say maybe get a relaxation CD. Like waves or rain, or a storm or something. I recently found a set of electric windchimes that I use nightly and it knocks me right out. It sounds very real and even does the chimes randomly as if you were really outside in a nice breeze. Having the fan blowing at the same time helps me go into a nice fantasy of lying on the beach in a hammock with a light breeze blowing. :yawn: :snooze:

Maybe you can't sleep at night because you're napping during the day. :lol:

M

Mousebaby

Cowgirl said:
Maybe you can't sleep at night because you're napping during the day. :lol:

Nope, tried that theory too. It doesn't matter how tired I am sometimes. I can lay in bed for hours just thinking and thinking and thinking. I can't shut my brain off. I get it from my mom. :ohwell: Then there are other times when I can do nothing but sleep. Its some kind of disorder I have I just can't remember what they called it. :shrug: But these windchimes really do the trick! :yay:

sanchezf

Little ol' Me
Mousebaby said:
Nope, tried that theory too. It doesn't matter how tired I am sometimes. I can lay in bed for hours just thinking and thinking and thinking. I can't shut my brain off. I get it from my mom. :ohwell: Then there are other times when I can do nothing but sleep. Its some kind of disorder I have I just can't remember what they called it. :shrug: But these windchimes really do the trick! :yay:

Where did you get those windchimes?

Cowgirl

Mousebaby said:
I say maybe get a relaxation CD. Like waves or rain, or a storm or something.

That made me think of the time when my mom and I were out shopping....we came across those CDs and she saw the storm one. She said we should send one to Grandma (her MIL). Poor Grandma was deathly afraid of storms....she would always have to go over to someone else's house during a storm b/c she was terrified of them. :lmao:

Four*Leaf*Farm said:
Get an eye shield.... you know those cloth eye covers that you band around your head. It will block out all light and will force you to keep your eyes closed. Also run something that makes a background noise such as an air cleaner or fan. You can focus on the sound which will allow the gears of your mind to slow down.

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
Four*Leaf*Farm said:

I cant do naps. Once Im up for the day, Im up. May go to bed at 8:30 but no nap. Once a year I crash and take a 3 hr nap.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I can nap for an hour or so in my little pool on a raft on the weekends. Try as I may, I can't stay awake. On vacation, I took a 1 - 2 hour nap almost every day.

Fubar

Look my ass glows!
I make sure the room is dark, cool and a fan is on (white noise) out go the lights!