Nas Pax Fishing

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Rockfish

Yeah... I like fisihng under the goose creek bridge... lots of everthing under there.. and the light house... well used to be light house.. big ones out there..

kayakangler

FISH OR DIE
Good idea

flyfishing for bluegill on the ponds in the spring ... much fun

I love the base ponds.. there are some really big bass in there.. I have not used a fly rod on base.. Mostly at lake lariet with great sucess on bass... My favorite is the one by gate three followed by the boyscout one.. although its kinda creepy and spooky...

I think this spring a fly rod is in order... good idea..

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
flyfishing for bluegill on the ponds in the spring ... much fun
With your screen name, it figures you prefer the longpole. Are you using poppers?

Last year I got a bunch of crappie on nymphs, but once it warmed up a bit the bite for crappie turned off.

Last edited:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Toppick and Kayakangler,

You two know I love to go fishing, but I haven't done any fishing for many years. I haven't fished since I was 16 years old.

If you two are going fishing again, I would like to go! :buddies:

Banjo

I have been fishing the Base ponds for the last 6 years including St. Marys. Having a 16 ft canoe is SOOO much fun!

I cought 2 6lb bass out of the pond across the street from the day care last summer and a 5lb bass out of the day camp pond. 2 of them live under that little dock and have cought both of them many times as I always through them back to catch again. That pond does need to have the water weeds cleaned out before somebody falls in and gets hurt though.

St. Marys is only about a foot low (last I checked) and I can hardly wait to hit it soon as it warms up a touch......