Nascar crackdown

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Pete said:
Spirit and intent of the rule needs to be taken into account. Edwards was attempting to avoid a dangerous situation while traveling about 1 football field per second. If it clearly was not his "intent" to pass under the yellow line to gain a position then he did not break the spirit and intent of the rule.

I have always thought that NASCAR does not care very much for Jack Roush because he wont genuflect and ass smooch them so they have no reservation at all at whacking him whenever they think they can.

I know what he should have done. But in his defense, he had a split second to make a decision. It may not have been the right one, but he didn't hit anything and there was really no harm done. That said, consistency (sp?) is the key to penalizing these guys. Thats why they brought him down pit road. I prolly would have took out half the field. :lmao: :lmao:

Mikeinsmd

Bustem' Down said:
Get rid of the plates, stop the bumping and go back to actual stock cars, then we'd have real racing.
:yeahthat: But DON'T go back to "stock" cars. I wanna see some 240 mph laps at Talledega!! :yahoo:

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
Pete said:
Spirit and intent of the rule needs to be taken into account. Edwards was attempting to avoid a dangerous situation while traveling about 1 football field per second. If it clearly was not his "intent" to pass under the yellow line to gain a position then he did not break the spirit and intent of the rule.

I have always thought that NASCAR does not care very much for Jack Roush because he wont genuflect and ass smooch them so they have no reservation at all at whacking him whenever they think they can.
I can understand "spirit & intent" but there are rules and they're there for a reason -- usually due to an unfortunate precedence. And I think that applies more to set-up and templates than actual racing. I doubt Sterling Marlin was trying to send Dale Sr. to an early grave when he tapped him, but shiat happens. :shrug: Carl -- who I really like and expect to go far in the sport -- would have played things a lot safer continuing down pit road than to cut in front of two cars and back onto the track when he couldn't see to his right whether there were other cars there or not ... and I'm certain his spotter didn't tell him "clear right" b/c he wouldn't have expected him to go back onto the track like he did. :ohwell:

But in the grand scheme of things, Carl got lucky and learned a valuable lesson in a non-points race with far fewer cars on the track than had it been during the 500. :yay:

crabcake

Pete said:
I would have to call him a :liar:
I have to agree there! :ohwell: Then again, I wouldn't expect him to admit he knew about it and risk further suspension and/or points loss. That'd be like pulling a junior and gloating about how you spun yourself out to bring out the caution you so badly needed. :loser:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Real Racing

Take the damn restrictor plates off the cars and let them race.

To quote Dale Earnhardt,
I've heard some drivers saying, 'We're going too fast at Charlotte, we're going too fast here'. If you're not a race car driver and not a racer, stay home. Don't come here and grumble about going too fast. Get out of the race car if you've got feathers on your legs or butt. Put a kerosene rag around your ankles so the ants won't climb up there and eat your candy ass."
Those restrictor plates are the reason Dale's dead, along with Bonnett and Rodney Ore.

lkt

curly-locks
:howdy: :yay:

Attachments

• TonyStewartBrown.gif
    TonyStewartBrown.gif
    2.4 KB · Views: 96

crabcake

Guess who will be watching the Coca-cola 600 from the comfort of the company luxury suite, after enjoying the all-access passes. :whistle: :banana: :getdown: It's enough to make me wet! :blushing:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
crabcake said:
Guess who will be watching the Coca-cola 600 from the comfort of the company luxury suite, after enjoying the all-access passes. :whistle: :banana: :getdown: It's enough to make me wet! :blushing:
Oh yeah? Well I get to watch Daytona from the luxurious confines of my....... apartment.

:bigwhoop:

crabcake

kom526 said:
Oh yeah? Well I get to watch Daytona from the luxurious confines of my....... apartment.

:bigwhoop:
:lol: I'm watching the 500 from home, too ... I was invited to go over to a friend's place for a small gathering and might do that, but I'm really leaning toward staying home. I have that Nascar OnDemand free for the 500 to watch the race from the driver's seat and have been dying to see how it looks before I buy the package for the season. :yay:

I'd been scouting tickets for the 600, and found out about our luxury box at the track this week so I'm going that route instead. :getdown: It'll be a nice change from watching it from the (dis)comfort of the small seats and peeking over heads and feeling crammed into "my space".

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
1st victim of Nascar's "aggressive driving policy", Bud Shootout darling Denny Hamlin. This new policy is gonna suck! Hamlin was in a good fast draft and rubbed Kyle Busch who whacked McMurray. This is going to be very interesting this weekend.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Watching the retakes, the interviews, etc., I'm thinking that that there must be one hell of a party going on down there!:lmao:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Is there like...

kom526 said:
Next up: pass interference when trying to block another car. :lmao:
Penalty: 15 car lengths or half the distance to the end of the longest line.

...a flag that gets thrown or something? Does Carrol Shelby come out and walk off the penalty?

Does the crew chief get a red flag to challenge?