NASCAR Fantasy 2019

homedepot20

Hello Everyone !!!! Hope everyone had a nice OFF SEASON and waiting for the 2019 NASCAR season to begin at DAYTONA 17 February . Last season was a good Fantasy forum for us with OHCG gaining his 3rd "Championship", We also discuss the possibility of changing our POINT system to make the forum MORE exciting & challenging ! . Several members have suggested this system that seems like it may meet what we are looking for ..

Each person will select the Top 5 drivers IN ORDER , 1st to 5th . 1st place will be 5 points , 2nd place - 4 points , 3rd place - 3 points , 4th place - 2 points , and 5th place - 1 point . IF a selected driver still finishes in the Top 5 ( but not in predicted finish) , 1 point will still be awarded . Each Race could be worth a total of 15 points MAX .

Daytona is still 29 days away so we still have time to debate & compromise . Our current forum consists of OldHillCrestGuy , Calvcopf , Stgislander , Monello , and HomeDepot20 . It would be nice if everyone is in agreement or 3 of 5 in agreement for a majority . Everyone start thinking about this change and lets try to make a decision by the Twin Duels on Thursday 14 February :buddies:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I did it for grins last season. It was a lot of fun. I could have done without the rookie hazing with the sugar in the gas tank and going to look for 50 feet of drag strip.

Monello

PREMO Member
And I like the new points system. So instead of a kicker for just 1st place, there is one for each position. Since towards the end we more or less were picking the same drivers just with a different first place winner. Gaining and losing points on a weekly basis should make it more interesting and have the standings change often.

homedepot20

And I like the new points system. So instead of a kicker for just 1st place, there is one for each position. Since towards the end we more or less were picking the same drivers just with a different first place winner. Gaining and losing points on a weekly basis should make it more interesting and have the standings change often.

Glad your in agreement ! :buddies: I do believe this point system will be more challenging . Picking 2nd place to 5th will require LUCK as well as good top 5 picks . NO MORE of just picking the drivers everyone else had picked

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm willing to give it a shot. Maybe it will add some excitement once the championship starts.

homedepot20

I'm willing to give it a shot. Maybe it will add some excitement once the championship starts.

Thanks for agreeing to give it a try :buddies: I was some what not sure when Clevalley first mentioned this system a couple of years back & Monello suggested just last year . I do believe it will be challenging for us . With you it agreement, 3 of us are FOR :yay: and OHCG & Calvcopf have not responded :shrug: YET either way .

stgislander

PREMO Member
Thanks for agreeing to give it a try :buddies: I was some what not sure when Clevalley first mentioned this system a couple of years back & Monello suggested just last year . I do believe it will be challenging for us . With you it agreement, 3 of us are FOR :yay: and OHCG & Calvcopf have not responded :shrug: YET either way .

Truthfully, once the championship starts I'm about done with NASCAR for the year. I agree with some of the drivers that it's a loooooong season.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Why not just pick five drivers, and using HD's points system, if they finish top five you gets the points for that position?

Calculating points would be easier.:yay:

Monello

PREMO Member
Why not just pick five drivers, and using HD's points system, if they finish top five you gets the points for that position?

Calculating points would be easier.:yay:

Under the old system, you got a bonus if you picked the winner. Towards the end of the season there wasn't much separation due to the same 8 -10 drivers being picked. You could have picked 4 drivers that made the top 5 but didn't win. You'd get 4 points. Someone that picked only the winner and 4 others that didn't make the top 5 would get 5 points. Picked 4 top 5 drivers I think is harder than just picking the overall race winner. Now we have a system that will reward people selecting the correct finish place.

So will you be picking drivers next season? I don't know jack about nascar but I sort of held my own last season.

AnthonyJames

R.I.P. My Brother Rick
Under the old system, you got a bonus if you picked the winner. Towards the end of the season there wasn't much separation due to the same 8 -10 drivers being picked. You could have picked 4 drivers that made the top 5 but didn't win. You'd get 4 points. Someone that picked only the winner and 4 others that didn't make the top 5 would get 5 points. Picked 4 top 5 drivers I think is harder than just picking the overall race winner. Now we have a system that will reward people selecting the correct finish place.

So will you be picking drivers next season? I don't know jack about nascar but I sort of held my own last season.

Same as when I participated in 2017.

I got bored with everyone picking the same driver to win every week, and I don't see this changing that. Why not get points for where they finished without having to guess the correct order? If you pick the top five and they finish top five, isn't that good enough to get those points?

If you still want to pick the winner, at least this will keep someone from running away with the lead.

Hell of a lot easier to keep track of too.

homedepot20

Sorry, I'm late. Just noticed this thread.
I vote yes to the changes.

Glad your in agreement :buddies: We have the majority for the change ( 4 -FOR ** 0 -AGAINST) OHCG has yet to respond either way :shrug: I do believe everyone will like the change after time . It will be more Challenging /Rewarding picking drivers in FINISHING POSITION 1 - 5 for points than picking TOP 5 drivers with no regard to finishing position other than WINNER.

In order to iron out any questions regarding points awarded , lets use the Duel Races on 14 Febraury for TESTING !!!!

homedepot20

NOW we just need to have our Forum GROW . It would be nice to have 10 -12 people participating !!!!

Anyone following this Forum & is a NASCAR Fan and would like to have FUN , have favorite Driver or Racing Team , at times give some trash talk or receive trash talk about your driver, Let it be known :buddies:

homedepot20

IT'S February which means NASCAR racing is right ( Or Left) around the bend !!!! 9 days till Shoot Out ( or whatever it is called these days) 10 days till POLE Qualifing , 14 days till Duels & 17 till the Running of the 60th DAYTONA 500..

I updated the Point/Rule change under the NASCAR Fantasy Challenge so newcomers will be aware .. We will use the Duel races for TESTING of the new system to iron out any questions. As in past seasons , I will be glad to post the updated results & point standing . This new system will take a little longer to ADD points but I will strive to have UPDATED standing by the following mourning AFTER race .

I hope everyone is as excited as I am to start season & competition . I hope some Old players RETURN as well as NEW players :yay: