NASCAR Racing Live from Michigan

Mikeinsmd

AndyMarquisLIVE said:
ESPN360.com will have live flag-t-oflag coverage of today's race as seen on ESPN2. NASCAR.com will simulcast.
Shouldn't this be in the MONDAY! MONDAY! MONDAY! forum?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
I heard today's not looking very promising either. I also heard if they don't get the race in by Wednesday, they will reschedule this race after Homestead, making it the last race of the season, thus moving the last race of the Chase from Richmond to Loudoun. :jameo:

Can you imagine going to a race in Michigan in Mid-November? :brrrrrr:

AndyMarquisLIVE

nachomama said:
I heard today's not looking very promising either. I also heard if they don't get the race in by Wednesday, they will reschedule this race after Homestead, making it the last race of the season, thus moving the last race of the Chase from Richmond to Loudoun. :jameo:

Can you imagine going to a race in Michigan in Mid-November? :brrrrrr:
Tomorrow's forecast doesn't look all that good either. :jameo:

Dover to start the Chase. Can anybody say "Jeff Gordon, five time ?Nextel Cup champ"? :barf:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Remember in 2001...

... The last time a race had been run out of palce in the schedule, because of the 9-11 terror attacks. Ooh, it was bound to happen eventually.

I'm sure there are a lot of teams who want to see this race get running today instead of in November. And, what if another race gets washed out, this is the 4th event to be delayed for rain this season. :jameo:

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
When was the Talladega race last run in July? Wasn't that originally moved because of weather(rain)? Or was that Daytona because of the fires?

AndyMarquisLIVE

It's really not looking good, word is NASCAR has pushed back the driver's meeting to 11:30am, where they will discuss how to pursue this event. This race will not be happening at high noon and it continues to rain.

AndyMarquisLIVE

Who's up for Wednesday, wide open?

NASCAR.com reports spokesperson Ramsey Poston saying NASCAR would run the race late Wednesday if they could not do it today or tomorrow.

NASCAR is looking for a window of opportunitty, but the race will not be starting at 12pm EST.

AndyMarquisLIVE

As of 1:00pm EST: The rain has slowed significantly and track drying efforts are underway, NASCAR trying to keep hopes up - but the window is very small. Remember, lap 101 is halfway.

ESPN2 is currently airing tape of NHRA qualifying (as Pete said, the MSNBC of sports), without showing a "Program Alert" alerting folks NASCAR is at rain delay - but they are running a ticker. :boo:

AndyMarquisLIVE

Washed Out Again

There is a 40% chance of rain tomorrow, but NASCAR will try at 10:00am EST (9:00 over in Michigan) to get the race in. It will be on ESPN2 and online at NASCAR.com.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
AndyMarquisLIVE said:
It's been busy here at crunch time. I've had to answer phones, as well as everything else. Only saw like 15 laps.

Keebler Elf won :yawn: :bigwhoop:

Please tell me you're not working the hotline the first few days of school. :jameo:

AndyMarquisLIVE

nachomama said:
Please tell me you're not working the hotline the first few days of school. :jameo:
Eff no.

Actually, we aren't supposed to be called directly on our phones, but we are all the time and it hasn't stopped ringing all day :burning:

Plus, 2 computers timed themselves to blow within the last 50 laps of the race.