National anthem in Drum Point

BLUIGAL

We should all be very grateful that we are still allowed to do this in America today...........we have lost so much.

NTNG

Along those lines, base movie theaters have always played a National Anthem video prior to the starting of the feature film. Everyone stood, hand over heart, and either sang along, or stood respectfully. At one point, the military decided to stop playing the video, and people were outraged. They wrote the Navy/Marine Corps Times, called the Command Master Chief, etc. The practice was resumed shortly after it was stopped.

kinda cool...

grmshep

Drum point

my family and I like hearing it also, I was just curious if anyone knew who was playing it. It sounds like the base is the answer. Thanks

MADPEBS1

Man, I'm still here !!!
In My mind, If you can hear it and are outside, You face the sound and stand at attention with your hand over your heart, with hat off your head! No matter how far away you are !!! Unless you are under cover i believe ...

MrZ06

I love Texas Road House
Colors....You're gonna hear it at 0800 everyday until you move. And you probably hear a bugle call at sunset every day as well.

I have never noticed the bugle call. I hear the national anthem every morning. Where are they actually playing the national anthem?

Jannifer

I hear it every AM from Webster Field. I have to say it still sends a little thrill every time. If they so something at sunset I do not hear it.

God Bless America