National Denim Day

Bertha Venation

Anyone else hear of this?

Lee National Denim Day.

Each year Lee Jeans invites companies and organizations nationwide to participate by allowing employees and members to wear denim in exchange for a $5 donation to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. On October 10, more than one million individuals will join together in an effort to raise awareness and funds for the fight against breast cancer.

I'm a Levi's 501s woman, but I would never pass up a chance to wear jeans to work. This is, regrettably, the first year I've heard of this fund raiser. I'm acting as the 3rd floor event coordinator at my firm and hope for 100% participation.

Anyone else hear of it or participating? I saw on MM's Bull Roast thread that WC's mother & grandmother are BC survivors. We have a lot of survivors at work, too.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I've never heard of it, but I have sponsored several friends who have done the three day walk for breast cancer. It sounds like a very worthwhile endeavor.

The 'Denim Day' sounds very similar to the 'Casual Day' done by United Cerebral Palsy Association (UCPA). You donate $5 and dress casually for the day. If you donate more, you get a t-shirt and tote bag.