National Guard: Worst Fears Came True, N.O. Flooding

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
At first the statement was that there was some "seepage of the levees" then they showed video of the water cascading over the levee. I guess it was just a matter of perception vs. reality. :lol:

rack'm

Jaded
kom526 said:
At first the statement was that there was some "seepage of the levees" then they showed video of the water cascading over the levee. I guess it was just a matter of perception vs. reality. :lol:

Yeah....kind of like the girl you know that says she would sleep with someone for a million dollars......she's respectively a million heir, but in reality, she's just a tramp. :ohwell:

B

Bruzilla

I think this news supports those who think it's a waste of money to rebuild New Orleans. Flood the place and rebuild the city on higher ground.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
kom526 said:
At first the statement was that there was some "seepage of the levees" then they showed video of the water cascading over the levee. I guess it was just a matter of perception vs. reality.
Yeah, even if you figure it's not bad now -- the water is just above the height of the levee -- what do they expect in the coming 12 hours as Rita continues to drench the area?

gumby

I AM GUMBY DAMMIT
Let's make it our "Venice of the Gulf" Why not, if it's going to keep flooding. Who 's to say it won't be hit again this year by a Cat 5??:confused:

Fishn Guy

That's Dr. Fishn to you..
AC1975 said:
Thats a horrible thing to say. :shutup:
Let me guess. Your Mexican and your missing an ear and 3 fingers right?

Sounds like the worlds workin against ya.

Better call Tigg. Shes your only hope.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
I think this news supports those who think it's a waste of money to rebuild New Orleans. Flood the place and rebuild the city on higher ground.
You know, the earth is constantly changing. Land that was there and viable 100 years ago is now under water and land that was underwater has emerged to be covered in strip malls. What's the big deal? Every one acts like this is such a huge environmental disaster, when this has been going on since the earth was first formed.

:shrug:

B

Bruzilla

vraiblonde said:
You know, the earth is constantly changing. Land that was there and viable 100 years ago is now under water and land that was underwater has emerged to be covered in strip malls. What's the big deal? Every one acts like this is such a huge environmental disaster, when this has been going on since the earth was first formed.

My big deal is a dollar sign with a whole lot of numbers, commas, and zeros coming after it that people want to apply to building a city that's under threat of imminent disaster every second that it stands.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Bruzilla said:
My big deal is a dollar sign with a whole lot of numbers, commas, and zeros coming after it that people want to apply to building a city that's under threat of imminent disaster every second that it stands.
That's what I'm saying - why not let nature take its evolutionary course and let New Orleans go the way of Atlantis? Why continue to fight Mother Nature?

dustin

UAIOE
vraiblonde said:
That's what I'm saying - why not let nature take its evolutionary course and let New Orleans go the way of Atlantis? Why continue to fight Mother Nature?
I say turn the places unsuitable to rehabitate into oil refineries :yay:

T

tikipirate

vraiblonde said:

Reminds me of a few years ago when a shady Calvert real estate agent was selling what looked like primo property on the Patuxent River. I checked my chart of the river and that land was considered to be 'navigable waterway'. Probably buildable, but at what initial cost and with what ongoing grief?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
A high school friend of mine who lives in Houston evacuated to Dallas a couple of days ago. She was not happy about it either.

C

czygvtwkr

Toxick said:
Didn't Nagin want people to start coming home this week.
I wonder why he hates New Orleans residents so much.

Yea, George Bush told them it was too early. W is a hero, he saved all those people!