Natural Hair care

Happily_Married

Hello ladies,
I am curious if anyone knows of any really good natural hair care products. I am African American and I have natural hair--I have never had a relaxer or anything like that...EVER. My hair is curly, but straigthens easily too. It is really easy to manage...but I am always looking for really great products. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Hello ladies,
I am curious if anyone knows of any really good natural hair care products. I am African American and I have natural hair--I have never had a relaxer or anything like that...EVER. My hair is curly, but straigthens easily too. It is really easy to manage...but I am always looking for really great products. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

My hair is totally opposite of ethnic hair..:killingme But a good friend of mine loves this site and is always getting new tips and talks about it a lot, she keeps her hair natural too..and it looks really good!

Organic Beauty Vixen

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Moroccan Oil. It's pricey, but worth the investment. I think they also call it Argan Oil. And you don't use a lot, just a drop in the center of your palm, rub your hands together and run your hands through your hair. Instant shine and a perk up and it smells good too.

Also I recently tried some "Mixed Chicks" products, and people have been saying bizarre things to me, like my hair looks good. :lmao: Their products also smell great. So for now, I'll recommend them, but it's a new for me too.
Curly Hair Products - Mixed Chicks | A Curly Revolution
You can order a sample pack for $1, so I say it's worth trying.

Last edited:

TGB

Hello ladies,

I would suggest shea butter. The pure unprocessed one. Beauty spot (next to Kmart) sells it and here is a site.

Shea Butter Hut.Com

You might also try coconut oil.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Hello ladies,

Have you tried Carol's Daughter products?

Admittedly, I am not African American but my hair is naturally curly/wavy and tends to frizz up (or curl) like crazy in humid weather. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk is one of the best things that I've ever found to help with this problem.

(They also do a phenomenal brown sugar body scrub but that's another topic...)

Sephora carries them in Annapolis. Not sure of other locations but you can check their site. I found out about them because I was given a free sample by someone associated with the Tyra Banks show. I believe the creator was a guest on the show.