Navy recruit dies at Great Lakes

awpitt

Main Streeter
I saw this yesterday on the "Navy Dads" Facebook group. The Admins are looking for how we can reach out to her family. So very sad. This article made me cry last night. I went through Great Lakes boot camp in 1983 and my son and daughter-in-law went through Great Lakes as well. My heart and prayers go to Kierra's family. They are part of the Navy family and will be forever.

https://www.navytimes.com/news/your...7LSXv26gsYtd2tJdAcPque1QpMpGiWkG0YQ5Up32udGTY

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Curious what happened? Young healthy people don't usually just collapse out of nowhere.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Curious what happened? Young healthy people don't usually just collapse out of nowhere.

Me too. I usually see this sort of stuff, in the news, when an athlete collapses on the basketball court or the football field or something like that.

Auntie Biache'

It's actually not that uncommon for healthy people to drop dead, or at least fall out. We have a good friend who is the very picture of health. Young and athletic, used to run every day. He fell out one day while running. Come to find out, he has a bad ticker. There are a lot of reasons why people respond poorly to physical activity. The physicals that are performed before being accepted to the military look for the obvious, for the most part, and rely on the individuals honesty for everything else. If my daughter had lied about her epilepsy, there would have been no way they would have known, until she had a seizure. Everybody lies. ~ Dr. House.