Navy Vet explains "Why it was called water torture

NTNG

Another SERE alumnus here! :howdy: What fun! The People's Republic of North America (PRONA) is charming in March. Not much to eat and really grumpy locals...
Ed:lmao:

Prona iz a must beautimis place in springtimez. Ju and jor New-Hopeian war-mongerz must not be for appreciating the local cuisine. Grumpy? Ju would be de grumpy for having country moist loved invaded by air-piratezz..

Took awhile to be able to say shiat like that with a strait face! *LOL*

FYI: Our Christmas parties were a hoot. Picture a " Pronese Christmas Tree, with "Bootz" playing in the back ground!:buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
The U.S. should not be in the business of torture...

Why It Was Called 'Water Torture'

Last week, much to my dismay, government officials testified before Congress that the United States has used the interrogation technique known as waterboarding and would like to hold out the option of using it in the future. As someone who has experienced waterboarding, albeit in a controlled setting, I know that the act is indeed torture. I was waterboarded during my training to become a Navy flight crew member. As has been noted in The Post and other media outlets, waterboarding is "real drowning that simulates death." It's an experience our country should not subject people to.

I remember that the blindfold was heavy and completely covered my face. As the two men held me down, one on each side, someone began pouring water onto the blindfold, and suddenly I was drowning. The water streamed into my nose and then into my mouth when I gasped for breath. I couldn't stop it. All I could breathe was water, and it was terrifying. I think I began to lose consciousness. I felt my lungs begin to fill with burning liquid.

Pulling out my fingernails or even cutting off a finger would have been preferable. At least if someone had attacked my hands, I would have had to simply tolerate pain. But drowning is another matter.
Even though I knew that I was in a military facility and that my "captors" would not kill me, no matter what they threatened, my body sensed and reacted to the danger it was in. Adrenaline helped me to fight out of the position the men were holding me in. I can't really explain how I managed to stand up, still with one man clinging to each arm. I only know how horrible it was. The experience was probably only a few minutes, but to me it seemed much longer.

It could be argued that your constant anti-Bush/anti-war posts are torture. Where do you actually draw the line as to what torture is?

As far as this "It's an experience our country should not subject people to." is concerned, waterboarding doesn't touch the tip of the iceberg to walking into a ice cream parlor, pizza parlor, wedding, or bus and lighting off a bomb ripping bodies to shreds butchering innocent people. It doesn't come close to using a rusty sword to saw the head off of a tied up person. You want to understand what REAL torture is talk to McCain. He'll tell you that people that are REALLY tortured typically DIE.

You're so obsessed with finding something to get Bush with that you forget there are people that want to blow your head off. If you have kids, they want to blow their heads off. I think using this technique to keep that from happening is much more humane than the alternative. Call it torture if you want Forest. I accept whatever term you want to call it as long as it saves innocent lives.

Last edited:

thurley42

HY;FR
:lmao:Ah...."Boots"

I don't understand some peoples train of thought...how is it torture? We do it to ourselves....We're fair...we try it out....what's good for the goose....

C

czygvtwkr

It always amazed me what some people call tourture. High School and Fraternaty Hazing are on par with what we have done to prisioners. What goes on in American prisons is far worse than anything the government has done to terrorists.