Need a New Electric Griddle

I'm so bummed. My electric griddle, that I got for free in a company event some 30 years ago, finally died. I plugged it in and it went ZAP! with a blue spark. It was great, worked so well. Over the years I've attempted to replace it, but every one I bought was terrible. Sometimes it was a surface that stuck to the food no matter what you did, cheaply made, hard to clean, but most often it was a terrible thermostat. My old one regulated very well, nice even temp across the griddle. The new ones swing from way too hot to way to cold.

So, anyone have a recommendation for an electric griddle that you have and are happy with? I've tried a few that are available from the local stores, Target, Kohls, ..... not happy with them.

I guess for the moment I'll have to use the stove-top griddle, but I always get it too hot or too cool.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I'm so bummed. My electric griddle, that I got for free in a company event some 30 years ago, finally died. I plugged it in and it went ZAP! with a blue spark. It was great, worked so well. Over the years I've attempted to replace it, but every one I bought was terrible. Sometimes it was a surface that stuck to the food no matter what you did, cheaply made, hard to clean, but most often it was a terrible thermostat. My old one regulated very well, nice even temp across the griddle. The new ones swing from way too hot to way to cold.

So, anyone have a recommendation for an electric griddle that you have and are happy with? I've tried a few that are available from the local stores, Target, Kohls, ..... not happy with them.

I guess for the moment I'll have to use the stove-top griddle, but I always get it too hot or too cool.

I don't have any rec's :ohwell: but I am curious if anyone else does. My mom had, I think a cuisanart one, or a sunbeam one...something that also lasted at least 25+ years that did the best job. I'd like to get her another one sometime as she prefers those. I have a calphalon griddle, a one-burner and a 2-burner long one that both do a real good job. and then I got an oven with a stove-top griddle pan. I was just thinking I had enough griddle pans to make pancakes and fajitas for the whole neighborhood when my new in-laws gifted us with an outdoors propane griddle top grill - a Blackstone. It intimidated me at first, still a little weary of it, but now that it's warmer I've started using it and I'm starting to like it. I'm no hibachi chef yet but I've mastered fajitas, bacon and fried potatoes, and smash burgers on it :lol:

:lol: I've looked at the outdoor propane griddles and would love one, but it's WAY overkill for me and a couple of slices of french toast.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
:lol: I've looked at the outdoor propane griddles and would love one, but it's WAY overkill for me and a couple of slices of french toast.
a little :lol: although we have the small 28" 2 burner one. In-laws use it for everything and love to tell me all about it. But they also have a ginormous back deck - most of which is covered, total privacy, and all the time lol premium grilling space for 8-9 months out of the year. Townhouse grilling is never ideal.

luvmygdaughters

I found one at True Value in Leonardtown, I've had it about 12 years now and still works great!! I cant remember the brand name though, I wanna say its a Westinghouse or Black & Decker, I'll check when I get home tonight and let you know.

Went back and looked again. I can find a used thermostat, but not the griddle. The heating element in the the griddle frame burned thru, non-replaceable.