Need a trainer (to break a horse)

BrookValley

Anyone have any recommendations of anyone local to start a 4-year old mare? I'm in St. Mary's, so someone local would be nice--but it's not necessary, I'd be willing to take her anywhere in MD or even VA.

The horse is a little paint cross mare. I do hunters, and she isn't anything that I really want to ride myself (she's itty bitty--maybe 15 hands, maybe not even that, and certainly not hunter type). But she'd make a nice trail horse or even a pleasure horse at the local shows. I don't know if I'm going to keep her or sell her, but regardless I need to get her broke! I was going to do it myself, but I got pregnant and had a baby last year--so between being pregnant and having a little one, I just haven't been able to do it myself. And she's just getting older, so I need to just go ahead and send her to someone else.

I don't care what discipline the trainer specializes in. And I don't need a world-class trainer, either. Honestly, I don't have tons of extra cash to put into her (who does these days, feeding these guys anymore will put you in the poorhouse!) and even if I did she's not worth it to me. What I want is someone who can do a decent job and is fair with the horses that I can send her off to for a month to just get the basics. I can take it from there.

Any suggestions?

BeenSpur'd

I love her wild,wild hair
Anyone have any recommendations of anyone local to start a 4-year old mare? I'm in St. Mary's, so someone local would be nice--but it's not necessary, I'd be willing to take her anywhere in MD or even VA.

The horse is a little paint cross mare. I do hunters, and she isn't anything that I really want to ride myself (she's itty bitty--maybe 15 hands, maybe not even that, and certainly not hunter type). But she'd make a nice trail horse or even a pleasure horse at the local shows. I don't know if I'm going to keep her or sell her, but regardless I need to get her broke! I was going to do it myself, but I got pregnant and had a baby last year--so between being pregnant and having a little one, I just haven't been able to do it myself. And she's just getting older, so I need to just go ahead and send her to someone else.

I don't care what discipline the trainer specializes in. And I don't need a world-class trainer, either. Honestly, I don't have tons of extra cash to put into her (who does these days, feeding these guys anymore will put you in the poorhouse!) and even if I did she's not worth it to me. What I want is someone who can do a decent job and is fair with the horses that I can send her off to for a month to just get the basics. I can take it from there.

Any suggestions?

Paul Phillips 540-710-7917 in Fredericksburg, VA came highly recommended to me when I was looking into training for one of my horses. His motto is start your horse on the right hoof. He specializes in pleasure and trail riding training.

Duckz

Any suggestions?

PM devinej. She's got lots of experience with the youngsters and she's local :buddies:

mingiz

Horse Poor
QUOTE=Duckz;3153167]PM devinej. She's got lots of experience with the youngsters and she's local :buddies:[/QUOTE]

:yeahthat: Devine is great with horses and has patience with them...

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
This is a Devine baby my 2 yr old a friends daughter put a month on her then Devine put some time on her..she was not moving forward when Devine got her...

Diosa