Need advice

flowerlover

I am also short and on the heavier side. Kohls became my go-to place for clothes several years ago. They have petite size and usually their PXL fits well and they are cut pretty roomy, not tight. I didn't check but you can peruse their site online and specify your local store and they'll show what's in stock, even order it for same day pickup and likely even curbside. Last I was in there you cannot try anything on in store: same for Target, Walmart and probably every store right now.

Forgot to add that they also carry Women's Plus sizes but I do not think they come in Petite. But Petite "may" go to XXL, it is at least XL. Good luck.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thanks everyone. I did go to the online stores for local pickup and no joy. Nothing Nada. I have never had luck with TJ Maxx or Marshalls in pants/petites.
My friend and I are going up to Annapolis mall tomorrow and maybe I can find a dress, shirt or slacks there. She suggested I wear leggings to try on the pants or skirt in the store since dressing rooms are closed!
I don't think a blazer or blouse will be difficult to find but the lower half has me stressed. It may be dark jeans after all!

flowerlover

Dark jeans with a nice top and blazer would be fine I think. Add some dressy earrings and necklace - not flashy type - and maybe dressy low heel boots and it's a very polished look.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
:yeahthat:
This is always my go to outfit. :yay:
lol....
My standard dress is a t-shirt, jeans and sweatshirt. If I have to look a little better, I change to a collared shirt, but it's usually Hawaiian or something. But I leave the necklace and earrings behind.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I wish Dressbarn were still open, always had good luck there.

I have a dark purple and black sleeveless blouse that I wear with a black sweater and stretchy black pants that is my go-to-funeral outfit.

black dog

Free America
I wish Dressbarn were still open, always had good luck there.

I have a dark purple and black sleeveless blouse that I wear with a black sweater and stretchy black pants that is my go-to-funeral outfit.

George Carlin could do a 10 min run with DressBarn