Need Gravel Mix hauled in

mingiz

Horse Poor
OK
I need to add onto my barn. But first I need some ground built up. Anyone have a suggestion on who I can get to deliver some gravel mixture? Probably 2-3 loads. What does a load cost these days? Thanks :howdy:

DQ2B

Depends what kind of gravel you want. Usually anywhere fromm $11.00 -$19.00 per ton depending on the type. Bank run will be cheaper than CR-6 or wash gravel. It's the delivery charges that get ya. Call around to the various gravel yards to get the best price and to see if they even have what you want.

I was paying over $300 per truck load for aggregrates but can't remember which type that was for, I've had so many.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Bank Run or CR6 will pack, and not allow drainage (if that's what you want). Sloans on Friendship school road charges about the same price per ton for delivery as for the sand mixture we use. It's pretty decent stuff, but it's red. so any white leg gets red colored sand on it.

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Mingiz, we have pea gravel road base bankrun my brother digs from the farm here it is what I have in all of my stalls and I love it. Sand will move on you too much. Holes and dust also with sand. This stuff doesnt move once it is packed by foot pressure. Yet my stalls do drain some...nothing like sand, ofcourse. 21 tons delivered for 230.00.

mingiz

Horse Poor
persimmoncf said:
Mingiz, we have pea gravel road base bankrun my brother digs from the farm here it is what I have in all of my stalls and I love it. Sand will move on you too much. Holes and dust also with sand. This stuff doesnt move once it is packed by foot pressure. Yet my stalls do drain some...nothing like sand, ofcourse. 21 tons delivered for 230.00.

Thanks for the info. :huggy: I will let ya know. :howdy:

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
persimmoncf said:

Would that work well around my barn under the over hang for drainage and such. It can get so mushy around there!! :howdy:

mingiz

Horse Poor
I have that problem too. But it's going to be fixed. Anything that will pack down will help, without gutters it's hard to keep it there. Mine were torn off by heavy wet snow. :burning: So I have a ditch from it. :lmao: Good bank gravel will pack down hard and stay for the most part. OK Persimmon another customer :lmao:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
We just got 2 loads of that sand/stone stuff in my dump bed trailer this weekend. 1 load is one of those HUGE buckets they have at Sloans, and it cost me about 80.00 per load.

With delivery would have doubled the charge, and i'm right across 235 from them. Luckily we have the dump bed. Best investment Rottncop EVER made.