Need heartening

softcrab

Okay people, can we put aside demographics? I am starting to feel lost as an American/Country (USA) person. You know "United we stand". Supposedly. I believe in the democracy, we each can have our views, but I'm losing sight of what keeps us together. Please give me some encouragement! I don't think I can be the only one to think "f___ it." I am spiraling to empty.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
I would engage this, but I'm pretty sure speaking of patriotism or unity - unless one is running for office - is strictly forbidden nowadays. :shrug:

softcrab

dilemma

What's your poison tonight?

This is an ongoing devil for me. My momma and daddy used to talk to me about world events, that was their thing to hold them together. They are gone, no one filled that place. They knew every name of a congressman, senator, appointed position, (and momma Knew wives or husbands), Supreme Court Justices. I admit I don't know the names, but I wish I did.

softcrab

Hate

I would engage this, but I'm pretty sure speaking of patriotism or unity - unless one is running for office - is strictly forbidden nowadays. :shrug:

I hate "politically correct" That's part of the problem. F---king say what you feel. But keep to the subject. I don't need Dem of Rep. I am not looking for 2010 thinking, I need neanderthal thinking! Survival.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
This is an ongoing devil for me. My momma and daddy used to talk to me about world events, that was their thing to hold them together. They are gone, no one filled that place. They knew every name of a congressman, senator, appointed position, (and momma Knew wives or husbands), Supreme Court Justices. I admit I don't know the names, but I wish I did.
So it's Budlight?

softcrab

Fy

So it's Budlight?

Baby, I ain't light except in weight. I should have known this ain't the forum to get any encouragement. But that only reinforces my intuition, we are f---ked. I will look into installing my bomb shelter. I'm going to make it.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Baby, I ain't light except in weight. I should have known this ain't the forum to get any encouragement. But that only reinforces my intuition, we are f---ked. I will look into installing my bomb shelter. I'm going to make it.
Yea I'd get started tomorrow. You never know when Callaway is going to attack Valley Lee. :yay:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

No, we are not and we will not be as long as people continue to believe in the things that made this country from the start -- independence, self-reliance, honesty, integrity, and caring for others who are weaker or not as blessed. Our recent election should have proven this to you. Whenever it looks as though our country is headed too far down the wrong path, enough of us get together and take steps to yank it back from the brink. Americans do NOT give up and we do NOT give in!! We fight for what we believe in and we fight until we win. We are free!

:patriot:

(and my poison is whatever wine I happen to find in the fridge tonight -- haven't looked yet!)

PrepH4U

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Are you trying to prove to me you are an ass? Don't bother, I caught that real quick.
You throw back a bunch of booze then come here looking for sympathy? :killingme
Go start that bomb shelter before the hangover sets in. :otter:

Nanny Pam

Attachments

• spaceship.gif
    spaceship.gif
    1.1 KB · Views: 96

softcrab

No, we are not and we will not be as long as people continue to believe in the things that made this country from the start -- independence, self-reliance, honesty, integrity, and caring for others who are weaker or not as blessed. Our recent election should have proven this to you. Whenever it looks as though our country is headed too far down the wrong path, enough of us get together and take steps to yank it back from the brink. Americans do NOT give up and we do NOT give in!! We fight for what we believe in and we fight until we win. We are free!

:patriot:

(and my poison is whatever wine I happen to find in the fridge tonight -- haven't looked yet!)

How can you say that? There are examples over and over that the people getting elected, both sides don't believe it. This election, everyone said the same - more jobs - less tax. I guess I won't get the reassurance I wanted. I was hoping I would hear enough people say that (what you itemized) mattered, thus influenced your vote. It's kind of easy to understand how cults flourish,. They tell people what they want to hear. I wasn't looking for that, I was looking for hope. Well. actually, I was hoping for hope, I need to know the real lay of the land. That's what I want, just hoped it wasn't as dismal as I thought. I ain't feeling any encouragement that I'm wrong about my intuition.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

What's stopping you from finding out about them?

If you can't find encouragement in yourself, you aren't going to find it in anyone else, nor should you depend on anyone else for it.