Need Help Deciding

Animal

I eat red meat
ylexot said:
:lol: I'm 6'2", so I'm not short.

Eye-level, horizontal (aka "normal") perspectives tend to be less interesting because that's what you see all the time.
Just asking as I am just a point and shoot picture taker and feel lucky to have the image in the frame without chopping off anyone's head.

ylexot

Super Genius
Polls are now closed and I'm going to start mounting them after I eat lunch. The "winners" are:
#1 - "Alleyway in San Fransisco Monastery"
#2 - "Coricancha"
#7 - "Flowers of Linderhof"

Thanks again everybody for the comments, kudos, and help.

willie

#2 of the first set looks more like a good painting rather than a photograph. That's actually a compliment. They are all terrific.

ylexot

Super Genius
The competition was last night and I entered the three I mention previously plus the "Sunset over St. Mary's College" picture for the theme competition. I was pleasantly surprised at how many people/pictures there were. The first three didn't "win" anything (didn't make it into the top 20%), but the theme picture had the second highest score for the theme pictures (63 points out of 80). There were probably ~10 theme pictures, so not too bad for my first time out. They also did a "mini-critique" of the "Flowers of Linderhof" (#7). The judge's comment was that he liked it, but thought that the gazebo was too dark and would be better if you could see the detail in it. Afterwards, a few people disagreed with that assessment, but it's all personal preference. When I get a chance, I'll play with it some and see how it looks if I brighten the gazebo some. Just thinking about it in my mind, I agree with the comment and think it might look better with the gazebo just a bit brighter.

I also met a bunch of nice people and got some great comments both directly and indirectly (overheard comments). I had a good time and look forward to the next one.

Thanks again for the help.