Need help finding home for a cribber

amber78

I have a 9 yo TB gelding.I got him off the track. I have to get rid off him asap.I live on rental property and his cribbing has gotten me into trouble. He is one of the best riding horses. I trust him with my 4 & 8 yo.children. I have a 16 month who runs all around his legs. He was raced, but he doesn't act like it. He is my baby. Please help.

IntegritysDream

maybe you dontt have to sell him, maybe you can full lease him out to a lesson program with experience riders that do projects or something, that way you can keep him at another farm but hell pay for himself and you can still ride and own him ?

DQ2B

Your post doesn't mention if he still cribs with a collar. Have you tried one? Does he crib ALL the time or do you notice it just after he eats grain?

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
I have a 9 yo TB gelding.I got him off the track. I have to get rid off him asap.I live on rental property and his cribbing has gotten me into trouble. He is one of the best riding horses. I trust him with my 4 & 8 yo.children. I have a 16 month who runs all around his legs. He was raced, but he doesn't act like it. He is my baby. Please help.

Whats his name? And have you tried the face grill? I had a manic cribber and that stopped her but she could still eat

Cletus_Vandam

What in the world...

...is a cribber?

At first I thought you were just being funny and asking to get rid of a "cridder".

DQ2B

...is a cribber?

At first I thought you were just being funny and asking to get rid of a "cridder".

Cribbing: the aquired habit of a horse to grasp an object (usually wood stall doors, fence, etc) with their incisors, arch their neck and suck in air. Some can do this without using their teeth as well.

The habit usually causes a lot of damage to whatever the horse is grasping and will ruin the teeth as well.

Cletus_Vandam

Cribbing: the aquired habit of a horse to grasp an object (usually wood stall doors, fence, etc) with their incisors, arch their neck and suck in air. Some can do this without using their teeth as well.

The habit usually causes a lot of damage to whatever the horse is grasping and will ruin the teeth as well.

Interesting. I always say, it's nice to learn something new everyday. Got my quota for the day! THANKS!

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?

Broke to ride as in calm trail horse? trailers & ties..only fault cribbing..I will take him..when do you want me to come get him?

F

finickyfilly

If I read this correct, Paso was offering to take your horse? Having second thoughts?

covekat

I have a nutcracker strap..my mare cannot crib with that on...love the miracle collars also... where is this horse, and why doesnt Paso have him yet?

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I have a nutcracker strap..my mare cannot crib with that on...love the miracle collars also... where is this horse, and why doesnt Paso have him yet?

Yeah and if the nutcracker won't work the miracle collar should..if done right..I have not seen one crib through it...

Still waiting :tap:

Got a call today to take a TB to the sale this Sat..he is a cribber..ummmm wondering if it is the same horse...said they would take $500 for him paid $3500 wonder if this is the same horse...BTW I am not hauling to the sale but I was asked to..

appendixqh

Silence!!! I Kill You!!!
Yeah and if the nutcracker won't work the miracle collar should..if done right..I have not seen one crib through it...

Still waiting :tap:

Got a call today to take a TB to the sale this Sat..he is a cribber..ummmm wondering if it is the same horse...said they would take $500 for him paid $3500 wonder if this is the same horse...BTW I am not hauling to the sale but I was asked to..

Can't be the same one, I didn't sell him to them for $3500:whistle:...I am the one that brought Wolfie aka Wolf Doctor home from the track and can give you the financials and details behind him. He is an AWESOME minded horse, very nice mover and a heart of gold. He does crib, and it is not controllable with a miracle collar...he needs the grill. PM me and I will give full disclosure of the details. If Amber would like, I will buy Wolfie back for what she paid less $100 so I can pick him up.:popcorn: