Need help finding remembering an old movie I saw as a kid

SamSpade

I saw it when I was about 10 - so - around '70 - but I remember it being older than that, so it could have been 50's - but

It's about a poor struggling family who by the end of the movie lose both parents, and the oldest sibling must find homes for his brothers and sisters.
I remember that it is winter, and the final scene is the oldest sibling headed towards a home in the snow. It MIGHT be Christmas time, but I can't remember.

I wish I could remember more - I know that if I see the name, I will know it, because I looked it up once - successfully - many years ago.
I just can't find it now.

SamSpade

THANKS! THAT'S IT!

Damn, I can't believe you got it so quick. Yes, that's the movie. Thank you!

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
THANKS! THAT'S IT!

Never doubt the power of an internet search. Tons of trivial data at our fingertips. Growing up, I couldn't conceive of such a tool. Today's generation will take it for granted.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
Sorry, Sam, I had forgotten that.

Just thinking about my grandchildren having to live without their mama and daddy tears at me.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
THANKS! THAT'S IT!

Never doubt the power of an internet search. Tons of trivial data at our fingertips. Growing up, I couldn't conceive of such a tool. Today's generation will take it for granted.
Or like I said, it was on last week and even my crappy memory can keep things that long.

SamSpade

Sorry, Sam, I had forgotten that.

Just thinking about my grandchildren having to live without their mama and daddy tears at me.

I hear ya. It amazes me to realize that once you're a parent - or grandparent - you really see a lot of the same things through different eyes.