Need Help - Who local troubleshoots wiring for truck and trailers?

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
Hi all,

We are trying to get the last bit of things done before I have this baby. (Which can come any time now). I need to pick up some hay but my trailer breaks are not engageing. Do you folks know of anyone who troubleshoots this problem? If so, please let me know a.s.a.p.

Thanks so very much!

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Busterduck said:
Hi all,

We are trying to get the last bit of things done before I have this baby. (Which can come any time now). I need to pick up some hay but my trailer breaks are not engageing. Do you folks know of anyone who troubleshoots this problem? If so, please let me know a.s.a.p.

Thanks so very much!
Adams Fleet Service in Brandywine.

fredsaid2

Phyxius posted this a while back in the 'Horse Trailer Dealers?' thread....

They are located down in Mechanicsville, off of Mechanicsville Road. They are really close to Three Notch Road @ Endless Endeavor Farm. The phone number is 301.884.5238.

I had them check my trailer out last year, Kenny had to fix the interior light which was "fixed" before by Cox, incorrectly. It's been fine since Kenny fixed it. I had the wheel bearings repacked. The interior door handle was broken and he replaced that.

There was a trailer in an accident and it was totally redone, it looked brand new! He does a really nice job of sandblasting the rust off and repainting steel trailers, too.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
fredsaid2 said:
Phyxius posted this a while back in the 'Horse Trailer Dealers?' thread....

They are located down in Mechanicsville, off of Mechanicsville Road. They are really close to Three Notch Road @ Endless Endeavor Farm. The phone number is 301.884.5238.

I had them check my trailer out last year, Kenny had to fix the interior light which was "fixed" before by Cox, incorrectly. It's been fine since Kenny fixed it. I had the wheel bearings repacked. The interior door handle was broken and he replaced that.

There was a trailer in an accident and it was totally redone, it looked brand new! He does a really nice job of sandblasting the rust off and repainting steel trailers, too.

I just called this guy. They will fit me in today. I can't thank you enough. I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off lately. I just can't get everything done before this baby comes.

Thanks again. :huggy:

fredsaid2

Busterduck said:
I just called this guy. They will fit me in today. I can't thank you enough. I feel like a chicken running around with my head cut off lately. I just can't get everything done before this baby comes.

Thanks again. :huggy:

Hope all goes well. Thanks to Phyxius it looks like they'll have a bit of new business. Mine really should have an appt too.

Take care of yourself and baby-to-be! :smile:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Busterduck said:
Hi all,

Thanks so very much!

The first thing to do is check your ground. Also I have found that sometimes you have to push the plug in to make sure it's tight and all contacts are being made. Had this happen yesterday with Paso's trailer. The plug would loose contact for some reason and I would lose brakes to the trailer but not lights, then you would notice that they are working again. I have the tow/haul set up.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
mingiz said:
The first thing to do is check your ground. Also I have found that sometimes you have to push the plug in to make sure it's tight and all contacts are being made. Had this happen yesterday with Paso's trailer. The plug would loose contact for some reason and I would lose brakes to the trailer but not lights, then you would notice that they are working again. I have the tow/haul set up.

I will check the ground. I checked everything else and couldn't find what was wrong. I was getting current to everything. I didn't check the ground though. Good idea; thanks! :huggy: I will do that before I drop it off at 9:00. It is certainly worth a try.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
Fredsaid, thanks for reccomending Kenny! He's fixed a few things for me and he's done a great job!

fredsaid2

Phyxius said:
Fredsaid, thanks for reccomending Kenny! He's fixed a few things for me and he's done a great job!

He's in my address book for an upcoming overhaul. Thank you for giving us his info! :smile:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
Busterduck said:
Hi all,

Thanks so very much!

Probably just a ground wire..you can try electrical grease on your contacts too..good luck.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
mingiz said:
Busterduck did you get your trailer fixed yet? What was the problem? Curious.. :howdy:

Yes. We had to change out a seven prong plug for a six prong. Something was wrong with the plug.

Thanks.

mingiz

Horse Poor
Hate when that happens. :cussing: Something so simple some times is hard to figure. :biggrin: I should have thought of that since I had the same problem with my stock trailer. But mine was the opposite the brakes would lock up... :twitch: Well gald your fixed.. :howdy:

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
mingiz said:
Hate when that happens. :cussing: Something so simple some times is hard to figure. :biggrin: I should have thought of that since I had the same problem with my stock trailer. But mine was the opposite the brakes would lock up... :twitch: Well gald your fixed.. :howdy:

Wow! Isn't that funny. Same problem with opposite results. So glad everything is now fixed. Thanks so much to everyone for all of the advice. You folks are great. :huggy: