need help

tcw

any mechanics? I have a 2002 explorer that is sputtering when you accelerate
I have replaced the plugs,plug wires,coil pack,fuel filter,E.G.R. valve and the E.G.R.pressure sensor and Im still haveing the same problem is there any thing else that could cause this problem that Im over looking? any help would be great, thanks

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I have replaced the plugs,plug wires,coil pack,fuel filter,E.G.R. valve and the E.G.R.pressure sensor and Im still haveing the same problem is there any thing else that could cause this problem that Im over looking? any help would be great, thanks

Fuel pump?

limblips

PREMO Member

I can help you! Quit shotgunning the problem by throwing parts at it. Go to a reputable repair shop and have them fix it. With the moiney you have already spent on parts, you could have had it fixed! There are so many sensors and computer inputs on cars today (even 2002) that if you ask 20people what the problem is, you will get 20 answers (none of which will usually fix the problem). I am not a repair shop owner, just giving you some hard earned advice.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I hate to say this but have the gas tank checked. Explorers in that time frame have a problem with rusting gas tanks. Had to replace it on my 2000.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

8 year old car??

Could it be a vacuum problem?? Old hoses and all..

tcw

I can help you! Quit shotgunning the problem by throwing parts at it. Go to a reputable repair shop and have them fix it. With the moiney you have already spent on parts, you could have had it fixed! There are so many sensors and computer inputs on cars today (even 2002) that if you ask 20people what the problem is, you will get 20 answers (none of which will usually fix the problem). I am not a repair shop owner, just giving you some hard earned advice.

thats just it I took it to two different places the first place said need a tune up to change the plugs, wires, fuel filter and I decided to put a new coil pack on still had the same problem then I took it another place they recomended a computerized engine analysis to pin point the problem, witch makes sense so I had them do that said it needed e.g.r. valve and a e.g.r.pressure sensor had that installed still did not fix the problem