Need Help...

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
What are the chances someone wants to ride on a regular basis, and would be willing to come to my place to ride my POA a couple of times a week (FREE) using my tack or theirs.

She is a barrel/games type pony, who definately has a mind of her own, and needs to be ridden regulary or she gets jiggy (like she is now). I can handle her head tossing pizzy fits, and if i can do it, any confident rider can, but the more she is ridden the less jiggy she is (she's only 5). We have lots of trails, and places to ride from here. But she needs to be ridden out alone, and excercised. I'm considering taking her over to someone on the Eastern Shore, but i'd like to get a feel for the possibility of someone over here wanting to get some wet saddle blanket time until she's sold. Am i asking too much?

I'd also free lease her to another farm with a waiver of liability in the event something happens to her, if anyone is interested.

She's 13.3 but stocky Registered POA.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
happyappygirl said:
What are the chances someone wants to ride on a regular basis, and would be willing to come to my place to ride my POA a couple of times a week (FREE) using my tack or theirs.

She is a barrel/games type pony, who definately has a mind of her own, and needs to be ridden regulary or she gets jiggy (like she is now). I can handle her head tossing pizzy fits, and if i can do it, any confident rider can, but the more she is ridden the less jiggy she is (she's only 5). We have lots of trails, and places to ride from here. But she needs to be ridden out alone, and excercised. I'm considering taking her over to someone on the Eastern Shore, but i'd like to get a feel for the possibility of someone over here wanting to get some wet saddle blanket time until she's sold. Am i asking too much?

I'd also free lease her to another farm with a waiver of liability in the event something happens to her, if anyone is interested.

She's 13.3 but stocky Registered POA.

Appy, how much weight can this pony take? And how hard is she to ride? It's been years.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
BS Gal said:
Appy, how much weight can this pony take? And how hard is she to ride? It's been years.

An average adult. I'm 5'4, and she carries me easily. She's stoutly built like a QH, just not real tall. PM me your size if you want. What is your confidence level? She needs someone confident, that she can't bully around. She's a dominant little thing even with the other horses. I have a round pen you can chase her around in as well if you want.

She jigs, and does some head tossing, and if you let her get away with the head tossing, she continues to get more and more Pizzy. I don't let her go beyond that first head tossing crap, before she starts to get REALLY worked up, I pull her head around till her nose touches my knee, and she gives and stands still, then move her off again, repeat if necessary. She needs a couple of solid days in a row with this, and she'll work out of it, then if kept ridden, she's great. But i haven't ridden her much lately with my schedule, so she's gotten pizzy. I want to bring home my gaited, and once that happens, i'll prolly not ride her at all, and she'll become useless, until someone rides her consistenly again. :frown: she's young defiant and needs a job. She's not dangerous, just not ridden enough. She needs some tough love right now. From a training standpoint, if you have limited time to train, 3 days in a row, per week is optimal. Interested?

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
happyappygirl said:
An average adult. I'm 5'4, and she carries me easily. She's stoutly built like a QH, just not real tall. PM me your size if you want. What is your confidence level? She needs someone confident, that she can't bully around. She's a dominant little thing even with the other horses. I have a round pen you can chase her around in as well if you want.

She jigs, and does some head tossing, and if you let her get away with the head tossing, she continues to get more and more Pizzy. I don't let her go beyond that first head tossing crap, before she starts to get REALLY worked up, I pull her head around till her nose touches my knee, and she gives and stands still, then move her off again, repeat if necessary. She needs a couple of solid days in a row with this, and she'll work out of it, then if kept ridden, she's great. But i haven't ridden her much lately with my schedule, so she's gotten pizzy. I want to bring home my gaited, and once that happens, i'll prolly not ride her at all, and she'll become useless, until someone rides her consistenly again. :frown: she's young defiant and needs a job. She's not dangerous, just not ridden enough. She needs some tough love right now. From a training standpoint, if you have limited time to train, 3 days in a row, per week is optimal. Interested?
I weigh less than you and am 5'2, but haven't ridden in a long, long time. May be too much for me to handle. I gotta think about this a bit. The time commitment between work, exercising and home stuff is probably too much until it starts staying light later in the evening.

fredsaid2

Maybe someone in pony club could send a rider your way? Sounds like yours would be right up their alley.

I would love to do this, but afraid I wouldn't have the time after I find a job. If you can't find anyone I can help out while I am looking. I use to have a spook horse and a little head tossing doesn't scare me.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
Well...I took her to the Eastern Shore, to a girl who trains and does barrels, and she's going to ride her, and possibly compete until we sell her. She was an angel today! I've ridden her pretty good for the last 2 days and she got another good ride in today, and she's awesome. I just can't keep up that pace, especially now with my NEW Mountain horse baby!! :biggrin:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
:howdy: Happy, congrats on your rocky mountain horse. I saw the RMH stud at the Expo and my thoughts went straight to you. He was stocky and beautiful with the bright flaxen m & t and the deep rich chocolate taupe bod.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
:howdy: Happy, congrats on your rocky mountain horse. I saw the RMH stud at the Expo and my thoughts went straight to you. He was stocky and beautiful with the bright flaxen m & t and the deep rich chocolate taupe bod.

thank you! Here is my little Darlin' Coo-Coo for Cocoa Puff
We're SO excited! I LOVED her mom and dad. She's dual registered RMSH/KMSH and the sweetest thing you'll ever meet. All she needs are some spots :lol:

Can you send info on the stud? (wishful thinking here) but i'm looking for help with training, for her and me.

Attachments

• cocoapuff123105.jpg
    cocoapuff123105.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 116

Four*Leaf*Farm

RIP Quinn
persimmoncf said:

I saw him on thursday..:howdy: he's cute! I missed why they were riding him with another horse doing dressage? I guess maybe to show the difference in gaits...

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Heck I'd love to do it, but I'd only be able to a couple of evenings a week due to my work schedules. Let me know.

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
She looks like she should have been Percy's daughter with that beautiful bloned hair :lol:

I was looking at a RED chocolate 2 1/2 y/o (looked like a chestnut with flaxen mane) and a black 2 y/o..this baby's personality just jumped out for me she begged me to take her home, so i did :lol: i used Rottncop's checkbook :lol:

Last edited: