Need home for Horse

KVF323

Im trying to find a home for my Moms horse.My Mom has a 13 yr old thoroughbred quarter horse. He was off the track years ago because of a fracture (he is perfectly fine tho). He rides great but he does need some ground work. If you were interested I could send a pic or you could come out and see him. He is brown with a white stripe on his forehead and 4 white socks. Thanks

Duckz

What kind of riding does she do with him? How bad are the ground manners (annoying or dangerous)? Is he quiet enough to donate to a riding program somewhere?

KVF323

I wouldnt donate him to a riding program, my Mom has spoiled him and lets him walk all over her (not literally), I would say an intermediate or experienced rider. Sometimes when he is in a canter he will buck her, but usually doesnt with other people. I feel safe with him, I hop up on him bareback sometimes to take him to the stable. He needs someone to show him who is boss. But he has an excellent canter and is in great health.

Attachments

• ben.jpg
    ben.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 193

Duckz

Hmmm okay. Does he jump? Any experience with horse shows, fox hunting, trail riding, etc? How tall is he? Where is he (st. mary's, calvert...)?

I can't take another horse, but I have a couple ideas. The more info you can provide the better. PM me if you want.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I wouldnt donate him to a riding program, my Mom has spoiled him and lets him walk all over her (not literally), I would say an intermediate or experienced rider. Sometimes when he is in a canter he will buck her, but usually doesnt with other people. I feel safe with him, I hop up on him bareback sometimes to take him to the stable. He needs someone to show him who is boss. But he has an excellent canter and is in great health.

Are those his ribs? Feed that boy a few cheeseburgers!!

KVF323

Hmmm okay. Does he jump? Any experience with horse shows, fox hunting, trail riding, etc? How tall is he? Where is he (st. mary's, calvert...)?

I can't take another horse, but I have a couple ideas. The more info you can provide the better. PM me if you want.
he is in st marys county, loveville area. he is 16.2 hands. He would be best for just trail riding, im ot sure about shows.
Love the high socks on him.
Are those his ribs? Feed that boy a few cheeseburgers!!
He is very healthy. Although he has gained some weight, but he isnt fat :yay:
He is in ok shape a good fit horse will show some rib....:popcorn:
:yay:

KVF323

He's cuter than most "I need to get rid of this" horses. Depends on how bad the bad behavior is, but I could see someone wanting him.
I'll be honest, the reason we need to rehome him is cause he kicked my Moms other horse. He has been with this horse for years so I have no idea why he did it. But its just too much for my Mom to handle right now, the vet bills are stacking up and she is constantly outside with the other horse. Apparently he kicked his leg, it didnt break but it cut open his skin and now it has puss coming out of it etc. I honestly think my Mom is the problem, she just does not know how to control a horse at all, with anyone else he behaves.

KVF323

Do you say that because of the old fracture? Or because he doesn't like to go in the ring? Trying to figure out if it's soundness vs. behavior.
oh he is fine in a ring, lunges well, but i dont think they have ever tried to make him jump. The fracture doesnt seem like a problem tho.

Robin

He is handsome

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I don't know much about this, and I might be totally wrong. Wouldn't someone like park police take him or is he beyond that? Just a thought, and probably my only one for the horse threads after this.