Need info about about paying a traffic ticket.

GoodnessME

Heard through the grapevine that you can pay double the fine and they will wave the point? Is this true and if so how do I go about doing it,? TY..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Heard through the grapevine that you can pay double the fine and they will wave the point? Is this true and if so how do I go about doing it,? TY..
I’ve never heard that one.

I have heard if you take it to court and can normally get past the points through fine and community service..

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
If you aren't a frequent flyer with the courts you should be able to request "pbj" from the SA. If granted, you are placed on probation but since you are not convicted you won't get points.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I have heard if you take it to court and can normally get past the points through fine and community service..

I've heard that if you go to court, the cop who issued the ticket likely won't show up and they'll throw your case out with no fine and no points.

Is that true?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've heard that if you go to court, the cop who issued the ticket likely won't show up and they'll throw your case out with no fine and no points.

Is that true?
Mine showed up. And it was still dismissed because the judge knew it was total and complete bullchit.

Bare-ya-cuda

Mine showed up. And it was still dismissed because the judge knew it was total and complete bullchit.
I think cops have a court day on their schedule and they usually don’t patrol. When I was younger racking up tickets I don’t think a cop ever missed one of my court dates.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I think cops have a court day on their schedule and they usually don’t patrol. When I was younger racking up tickets I don’t think a cop ever missed one of my court dates.
I agree. Just because they show up doesn't mean they automatically win the case.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member

Is that true?
I’ve heard that but I’ve never had that experience.

Grumpy

I got one for not having my commercial #s posted when the cop wanted to ticket me for a tag light being out. Took it to court and the idiot judge cut the tix in half ($35.00) and charged me court costs ($35.00). This was for a vehicle that wasn't a commercial vehicle. Thank you, Greg Wells, you *******.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
If you aren't a frequent flyer with the courts you should be able to request "pbj" from the SA. If granted, you are placed on probation but since you are not convicted you won't get points.

I violated my traffic probation - got in a lot of trouble for it. :roflmao:

I got pulled over for speeding by the library on 210 in Indian Head. 97-98 - somewhere around there and went to court, got PBJ, paid a fine and went on my way. Just a few days shy of my 2 year probation being over, I got pulled over in the same spot, same speed. Went to court.

I got Judge Nalley and I admitted fault - told him that hill going down gets me every time begged to get some mercy over the points.

He chewed me out -blah blah same exact spot, same exact speed and all the sudden stopped court -left the bench after the clerk handed him note to return a phone call -about 5-10 minutes later he came back and asked me if I could report to the senior center right now and work until they are done with me for their holiday party.

I was like 🤷 sure - right now?

He said right now - leave now and that is your punishment no points.

I got my paperwork and ran out the court room. :lmao:

Later, my grandma (eating lunch at the holiday party at the senior center) introduced me to her friend who was Nalley's momma.

I thought I got off easy having to work that senior lunch but let me tell you, those seniors ran me to death. :lmao: There was no trash that wasn't in the dumpster and everything was sparkling clean. The phone call the judge got was to tell them they had no help at the senior lunch so that is why I got such a deal.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I violated my traffic probation - got in a lot of trouble for it. :roflmao:

I got pulled over for speeding by the library on 210 in Indian Head. 97-98 - somewhere around there and went to court, got PBJ, paid a fine and went on my way. Just a few days shy of my 2 year probation being over, I got pulled over in the same spot, same speed. Went to court.

I got Judge Nalley and I admitted fault - told him that hill going down gets me every time begged to get some mercy over the points.

He chewed me out -blah blah same exact spot, same exact speed and all the sudden stopped court -left the bench after the clerk handed him note to return a phone call -about 5-10 minutes later he came back and asked me if I could report to the senior center right now and work until they are done with me for their holiday party.

I was like 🤷 sure - right now?

He said right now - leave now and that is your punishment no points.

I got my paperwork and ran out the court room. :lmao:

Later, my grandma (eating lunch at the holiday party at the senior center) introduced me to her friend who was Nalley's momma.

I thought I got off easy having to work that senior lunch but let me tell you, those seniors ran me to death. :lmao: There was no trash that wasn't in the dumpster and everything was sparkling clean.
Considering your job, this is really funny! 😂😂😂

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Unfortunately I've had recent experience on this topic. First time SA office let me double fine and "contribute" this amount to Project Grad with 8 hrs CS. Last time I saw no points listed and paid. Will probably do the same this time. Damned turbo.