Need Opinions..

Which is the easier to use, clearest & best value?

• Kindle 3G

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Kindle DX

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Nook Color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • iPad

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Galaxy Tab

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JLS

Looking into buying one of these and wanted some opinions .. I'm more into the reading - would like color if possible - wifi.. so I can get on a few things.. I'm not into the whole videos and all that watching movies and stuff on that stuff yet.. like my flat screen at home for that..

onebdzee

off the shelf
DO NOT get the Pandigital....the WiFi has issues and you need this in order to download the books

I've looked at all of them and keep coming back to the iPad or the Xoom because of the cost, the easy of use, and the features(such as the screen size)

koan00

You really need to see them to compare. If you need to read in any sort of daylight (ie at the beach, etc) the iPad, Galaxy Tab, and Xoom will be unusable.

Kindles and Nook are better suited for sunlight, but have less features.

However, the Nook is highly hackable if you are into that sort of thing.

onebdzee

off the shelf
You really need to see them to compare. If you need to read in any sort of daylight (ie at the beach, etc) the iPad, Galaxy Tab, and Xoom will be unusable.

Kindles and Nook are better suited for sunlight, but have less features.

However, the Nook is highly hackable if you are into that sort of thing.

The last time I went to Best Buy, they had them all sitting on shelves to the left of the store as you walk in the door

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
Looking into buying one of these and wanted some opinions .. I'm more into the reading - would like color if possible - wifi.. so I can get on a few things..
Given that, I don't see why you would have the iPad, Galaxy Tab, etc. on the list at all since they are a different class of product. You would be paying for a lot of things you would not use.

From what I have seen, you can't go wrong with a Kindle, and they are quite affordable.

E

EmptyTimCup

Looking into buying one of these and wanted some opinions .. I'm more into the reading - would like color if possible - wifi.. so I can get on a few things.. I'm not into the whole videos and all that watching movies and stuff on that stuff yet.. like my flat screen at home for that..

if you just want to read books .... a Kindle

but if you want to buy your books anywhere ..... iPad - there is a Kindle App, Nook app and what ever Borders is selling

plus all the other stuff you can do with an iPad

E

EmptyTimCup

Given that, I don't see why you would have the iPad, Galaxy Tab, etc. on the list at all since they are a different class of product. You would be paying for a lot of things you would not use.

From what I have seen, you can't go wrong with a Kindle, and they are quite affordable.

140 bucks ...... 114 if you are willing to put up with advertising

Radiant1

Soul Probe
I chose a Kindle 3G for the cost and battery life. I'm happy enough with it, no problems so far.

Whichever one you decide on, enjoy your e-reader! :smile: