Need Pediatrician Recs

MarieB

No crunchy munchy docs

I would prefer one that has a proactive approach and one who is "modern."

jsouthan

No crunchy munchy docs

I would prefer one that has a proactive approach and one who is "modern."
Not sure where you're located or where you're looking, but Bayshore Pediatrics in Prince Frederick is awesome. Very short wait times, evening walk-in sick hours and the doctors definitely keep up on all of the latest research.

index

MarieB

Thanks. I should have mentioned where I am. I'm in California, so that's probably a bit too far for me. I will check it out though.

puggymom

Not sure where you're located or where you're looking, but Bayshore Pediatrics in Prince Frederick is awesome. Very short wait times, evening walk-in sick hours and the doctors definitely keep up on all of the latest research.

index

I'm in St. Marys and I make the drive for Bay Shore. I love them over there.

somdnanny1

When I was younger my sister and I saw Dr. Sheth in California. My cousin's children have seen him since birth. I definitally recommend him for younger children not teenagers (he didn't quite seem to know how to handle teenage issues and stubborn streaks).

LazySmurfette

I also love BayShore Pediatrics. I made the drive from Hollywood. My kids have been going there since birth. I have never had a long wait time and LOVE the staff there.

SoMDGirl42

When I was younger my sister and I saw Dr. Sheth in California. My cousin's children have seen him since birth. I definitally recommend him for younger children not teenagers (he didn't quite seem to know how to handle teenage issues and stubborn streaks).

I love Dr. Sheth, but his wife is ruining his practice with insurance fraud.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
I recently left our pediatrician (Dr. Fahmi) after 12 years...his office staff/new nurse is ruining his office (IMO)! We stayed with the Shah Associates but now see Dr. Gala in Lexington Park. He is a younger doctor, but has been very good with all three of my children (12/6/4months).

SoMDGirl42

I recently left our pediatrician (Dr. Fahmi) after 12 years...his office staff/new nurse is ruining his office (IMO)! We stayed with the Shah Associates but now see Dr. Gala in Lexington Park. He is a younger doctor, but has been very good with all three of my children (12/6/4months).

That would be the Doctor I switched to. It take a lot to impress me, I'm hard on doctors. I really like him! :yahoo: He takes time to listen to you and your concerns. I respect him for that! :yahoo:

maxima87

Football Mom!!!
That would be the Doctor I switched to. It take a lot to impress me, I'm hard on doctors. I really like him! :yahoo: He takes time to listen to you and your concerns. I respect him for that! :yahoo:

And they don't double/triple book slots! I don't mind a little wait...15-20 mins (which I have never even had there)...but some of these Drs. wait times are ridiculous.

emma1606

And they don't double/triple book slots! I don't mind a little wait...15-20 mins (which I have never even had there)...but some of these Drs. wait times are ridiculous.

You can regularly expect a 2hr wait at Cambridge Pediatrics in Waldorf! It's insane.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I take the monster to dr. (Kirit) Patel in leonardtown ..I like him a lot..he never rushes and he seems to really enjoy interacting with the children..I was going to go to bayshore but when she saw dr patel at the hospital..I thought he was great..he followed up with her appropriately and though I havent had to deal with him for anything major I am happy so far. The office is a little shabby/boring looking for a peds office but I have no problems getting in.