Need replacement window contractor recommendations

Tori39

Hi....anyone have a good experience with a company that replaces residential windows? We have several broken seals and want to just replace the windows. Near Bryans Road/Waldorf/Accokeek. Thanks.

jrtime

Hi....anyone have a good experience with a company that replaces residential windows? We have several broken seals and want to just replace the windows. Near Bryans Road/Waldorf/Accokeek. Thanks.
Try Southern Maryland Windows and Siding (301-855-9410). They did a good job for me when I replaced mine a few years back. Small Family business. http://www.smws.net/

Tori39

I saw their web site and called but the recording just gives info on other similar businesses. I don't think they're in business anymore. Thanks though.

Kinnakeet

I took 1 of my window panes out and had Gragan & sons in Laplata measure the it and have a replacement made,when it came in i went back and they put the new glass in the section I removed and i took it home and put it back in,this was a single hung window so the bottom half could be removed and then reinstalled very simple to do and only cost 120.00 dollars for the glass and their part.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
Good luck. I called about 4 diff companies looking for someone to replace a glass pane in a sliding glass door. Only Two called me back; one, sight unseen gave me an outrageous quote (1200+ for a pane of glass) and one made an apt to come see it then never showed. Contractors around here are fairly awful.

NextJen

Raisin cane
I can tell you who I WOULD NOT use. Medallion Doors, Windows, and Patio Rooms. Quite a few years ago I had windows replaced in a previous home I owned. I used Medallion and they did a HORRIBLE job. The finish/trim on the outside of the windows was terrible. Caulking was actually dripping from a couple of them and trim pieces were not tight and level. They also broke up a few of the bushes I had in front of the house. I called the company and they sent a service manager out who looked at the job and asked me what the problem was. I couldn't believe he was going to stand there and look at that shoddy/crappy work and ask me what was wrong! Anyway, I did not have a good experience with them.

Idunno

When we had to have a broken bay window replaced, we called multiple companies. Most of those companies declined our business because it was just one window. They would not come out for anything less than 3 windows. Our calls started with companies local to the tri county area and expanded to the tri state area and then to the east coast. Only one company would come look. They came out, looked, gave recommendations, style options and a decent estimate when compared to some of the DIY companies available to order from online. They custom made the window and installed it. They were very considerate of our property and garden in front of the window. They removed the old, put in new insulation and foam where necessary. They re framed the new window and caulked it very well. They cleaned up all debris and took the broken window with them. When we are ready to have our windows and doors replaced we will be using this company.

Castle Windows 1 800 360 4400

Hannibal

I used a gentleman by the name of Dave Parhaska (sp). He had replaced windowns in several homes nearby including my brothers. Did a great job for them so I contacted him about my house. Ultimately had him replace/update all the windows as well as some other odds/ends. Very happy with his work and his pricing was very reasonable. If interested, shoot me a PM as I don't want to put his phone number out in the general public forum.