Need some cooking help

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know how you can make a lasagna without boiling the noodles? I want to do a creamy chicken alfredo primavera lasagna without boiling. My idea is this:

Extra water in the alfredo sauce
Layer as follows:

Sauce
noodles
chicken/veggies
parm/mozz mix
repeat twice

Bake tightly covered for 1 hour at 350, then another 15 mins uncovered to brown the cheese.

Do you think this will work or am I headed for disaster? It's basically the Mueller's no-boil lasagna recipe with different ingredients.

rio

I think adding extra water to make up for the noodles cooking is good, but it may lose flavor. Maybe add some extra cream/milk and a few seasonings also? Or cream of chicken soup with the extra water?

L'Town.girl

You know how you can make a lasagna without boiling the noodles? I want to do a creamy chicken alfredo primavera lasagna without boiling. My idea is this:

Extra water in the alfredo sauce
Layer as follows:

Sauce
noodles
chicken/veggies
parm/mozz mix
repeat twice

Bake tightly covered for 1 hour at 350, then another 15 mins uncovered to brown the cheese.

Do you think this will work or am I headed for disaster? It's basically the Mueller's no-boil lasagna recipe with different ingredients.
You got this! Those noodles are awesome.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Barilla makes a no boil Lasagna noodle.
1658858644321.png

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Skip adding additional water, and instead add in some chicken broth. Enough liquid to cook the pasta, and also add in some more chicky flavor. :yum:

If no chicken broth, then add in some milk instead of water.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Skip adding additional water, and instead add in some chicken broth. Enough liquid to cook the pasta, and also add in some more chicky flavor. :yum:

If no chicken broth, then add in some milk instead of water.

I have chicken BTB, so I'll add that. Thanks! :yay: