Need some opinions

ginwoman

I would opt to leave him at home instead of taking him with you. If you have him with you, he'll be stressed and you guys won't enjoy yourselves. If you can confine him in the RV and put a 'thundershirt' on him, maybe see if you can find some over the counter calming aid (like at Petsmart), then he will probably be ok until you get back.
This sounds like your best bet. PLUS LEAVE THE TV OR RADIO ON UP LOUD. Who is Apollo's vet? Could you call them and ask what the appropriate amount of Benadryl would be?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I would be hesitant to drug him without me being there to supervise. He'll be fine alone with his cubby and the TV on. I talked to the RV park folks and they said that no fireworks are allowed in the park (which doesn't mean some durhards won't do it anyway), and she said it's usually pretty quiet in the area with maybe a few firecrackers in the neighborhood across the way.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
IMG_0072.jpeg

3CATSAILOR

Thursday we want to go see fireworks at the park in Henderson.

Apollo hates fireworks.

We can either:

A) take him with us and hold him so he'll be somewhat calmed;
B) leave him home

The problem with leaving him home is that there might be poppers going off within earshot of the RV park, and he'll be alone and stressed by them. It will probably be sporadic enough that he can go hide under the bed and be fine. But what if it's not and he spends several hours being scared and alone?

What would you all do?
Take him with you. The both of you will be the much happier for it.