Need Subframe connecters welded but where?

redvtech07

Can anyone help me find a place that will weld in a set of subframe connecters?

I have called a bunch of places, but it seems they are reluctant to do it.

I don't really want to travel up to Waldorf if I don't need to.

Thanks

spot1

sub-frame connectors

Try Gary Butler in mechanicsville on route 236 not sure of his # but from rt5 go about 1 mile he is on the left

redvtech07

Try Gary Butler in mechanicsville on route 236 not sure of his # but from rt5 go about 1 mile he is on the left

Looks like Gary Butler may be out of buisiness...I looked up his number and it was disconnected.

I also contacted Insane....I don't mind driving that far. Price was a bit much.

Any other places in the area?

Thanks guys

BOHDEN

my son just did his in his car just this week his self. Gary Butler usually uses a cell phone, but don't have it any longer, long time friend of the family...

redvtech07

my son just did his in his car just this week his self. Gary Butler usually uses a cell phone, but don't have it any longer, long time friend of the family...

Did he do bolt in or weld in? I would like to do these myself but don't have access to a welder, nor am I experianced with one lol

glhs837

Power with Control
Looks like Gary Butler may be out of buisiness...I looked up his number and it was disconnected.

I also contacted Insane....I don't mind driving that far. Price was a bit much.

Any other places in the area?

Thanks guys

He does charge, but your buying quality stuff from a guy who's been welding stuff for quite some time. Very detail oriented.

redvtech07

He does charge, but your buying quality stuff from a guy who's been welding stuff for quite some time. Very detail oriented.

I'm not doubting that. I'm a firm believer in you get what you pay for. I don't want to pay more for an install than I paid for the part though.

bcp

In My Opinion
The reason is that welding to the frame on most trucks is something that the manufacturers claim will harm the integrity of the frame and void any warrenty issue that could be in anyway connected to it.

redvtech07

The reason is that welding to the frame on most trucks is something that the manufacturers claim will harm the integrity of the frame and void any warrenty issue that could be in anyway connected to it.

You're saying frame welding is expensive because it will void warrenty?

I'm getting this done on a 91 mustang. I agree you need to know what you're doing or things can get messed up.d

CrashTest

Do people weld subframe connectors onto a pickup truck ladder frame?

bcp

In My Opinion
You're saying frame welding is expensive because it will void warrenty?

I'm getting this done on a 91 mustang. I agree you need to know what you're doing or things can get messed up.d
I just read frame. figured it was truck from there since the cars would have been unibody with no real frame to speak of.
and even if it was a warranty voiding issue, with a 91 Im pretty sure you would not be too concerned with this

carry on.

bcp

In My Opinion
Do people weld subframe connectors onto a pickup truck ladder frame?
Why yes they do.
With the diesels many weld on subframe connectors if they race or pull sled.
Keeps the body from flexing when you throw 1000+ hp and 1400 to 1500 Ftlbs of torque to it.

CrashTest

Why yes they do.
With the diesels many weld on subframe connectors if they race or pull sled.
Keeps the body from flexing when you throw 1000+ hp and 1400 to 1500 Ftlbs of torque to it.

I figured it would have to be some kind of extreme duty application.

If you throw 1500 ft lbs into your trunk, you've probably voided the warranty anyway.

bcp

In My Opinion

If you throw 1500 ft lbs into your trunk, you've probably voided the warranty anyway.
ya think?
I voided mine just by taking it up to 800ftlbs and 450hp

bcp

In My Opinion

check out this video of a dyno test with this guys duramax. He posts on another forum Im on.

had he not blown the freeze plugs clean out the engine, what do you think he could have pulled?
YouTube - ‪WiKD1THeoNe's Channel‬‎

1585 rwhp

Last edited:

redvtech07

I have a 93 Stang without subframe connectors. Even though the car is stock, I would still like to have some.

Nice. I have some full length ones on the way. From what I've researched, they really help with handling and hard accelaration due to frame flexing.