Need to buy a good mattress

Hi,

I need to buy a new firm queen mattress for my newly house. Any suggestions for how to go about this? What types of stores do you recommend and what's the price range for a decent mattress?

Thanks,

TPD

the poor dad
I bought a KING mattress last year at Mattress Warehouse in California, MD. Serta X1 Hybrid Firm. I prefer the softer pillow top mattresses but the one we had was killing my wife, and I'm not quite ready to get rid of her yet, so we got a firm mattress. Took me a couple of weeks to adjust to it. Still don't care for it but I put up with it since my wife is happier. We paid $1200 for the mattress. Included box spring, delivery, and installation and old mattress taken away. It was an easy transaction - in and out of the store in 20 minutes. Delivery in a day or two. I would go back to Mattress Warehouse in the future.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Buy the Sealy x-firm w/ shallow pillow top down off buck Hewitt Road near Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Best investment I ever made in helping my back.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
By the Sealy x-firm w/ shallow pillow top down near buck Hewitt Road near Dick’s Sporting Goods.

Best investment I ever made in helping my back.
That's where I got mine. I've had it two years now and am still happy with it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love my Tempur-Pedic mattress. It's the best sleep I've ever had, hands down absolutely without question. They're stupid expensive, but you can also get a Tempur-Pedic topper to put on your existing mattress and that's a lot more reasonably priced.

black dog

Free America
I bought a queen foam 14"? Ashley, through Walmart.com a few years ago.
4-5 hundred I believe, its been great. It took two of us to handtruck that box upstairs.

PeoplesElbow

I really like my Paramount HD

Bonehead

I love my Tempur-Pedic mattress. It's the best sleep I've ever had, hands down absolutely without question. They're stupid expensive, but you can also get a Tempur-Pedic topper to put on your existing mattress and that's a lot more reasonably priced.
Yep worked great for about 5 years then developed a "divot" but that was just my experience.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I saw one in the median on Rt 235 near Friendship School Rd, and a box spring a bit further up the road. Didn't look too bad, one big stain on the mattress. A little Febreeze.....

Hey, it's free... :sshrug:

Ronaldhutchins

Hi! My wife and I have also moved recently and are currently in search of good ideas. However, we were surprised at our latest discovery. The only thing we had for few day right after moving was small flat matress and two recliners. We decided to try them to sleep. I was surprised that I had the best sleep that night; I slept like a baby. So it's a note; if you're in search o alternatives, you could also check the most comfortable recliner to sleep in ( where I bought the recliners. Even when I and my wife get a bed I plan on sleeping in this recliner sometimes

SamSpade

I bought a KING mattress last year at Mattress Warehouse in California, MD. Serta X1 Hybrid Firm. I prefer the softer pillow top mattresses but the one we had was killing my wife, and I'm not quite ready to get rid of her yet, so we got a firm mattress. Took me a couple of weeks to adjust to it. Still don't care for it but I put up with it since my wife is happier. We paid $1200 for the mattress. Included box spring, delivery, and installation and old mattress taken away. It was an easy transaction - in and out of the store in 20 minutes. Delivery in a day or two. I would go back to Mattress Warehouse in the future.

Same. Really never gone wrong with them, and the last time, the salesperson was just really nice and accommodating, especially since we had all the kids there with us.

When it comes to price, just prepare yourself. A cheap mattress might get you years of restless sleep and sleeping on THE FLOOR might actually be more restful, in comparison. EXPECT to spend more than you'd like.

I'm about to splurge on some new bed material myself - wondering about the usefulness of an add-on mattress topper.

SamSpade

I've had a couple, but they seem to wear out quickly and develop depressions.
Gotcha. That was my thought, too. It seems the best option if you want that, is to buy a mattress with that feature.

Anyway my current problem is a cheap boxspring. The rivets have just snapped here and there, and the entire bed is uneven and lumpy.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Gotcha. That was my thought, too. It seems the best option if you want that, is to buy a mattress with that feature.
I have a pillow top mattress that's going on 20 years, and is now due to be replaced. The single biggest thing to extending it's life and helping work out the depressions is a regular turning of the mattress, which means a pillow top on both sides, Not all of them are dual-sided pillow tops. And not just flipping over, but end-to-end as well. Starting with a quality mattress is key.