Need to find home for nice pony

Katt

hi, I'm looking for a nice home for my daughters' pony. they've outgrown her and she needs someone to love her and ride her. She's a POA, and stands 12 hands. She needs someone that's riden before, but is generally quiet. A very easy keeper and practically lives off of what the other horses leave behind. ;-) We've had her for over 12 years, and hate to part with her, but we need the room. she has never kicked at us in all the years we've had her. she will jump a 2ft fence without a problem and with the right rider will jump 2ft 6in without a problem. I'll post a pic or two, if anyone is interested, please pm me.

Attachments

• horses 2006 021.jpg
    horses 2006 021.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 165
  • horses 2006 019.jpg
    horses 2006 019.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 157

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Katt said:
hi, I'm looking for a nice home for my daughters' pony. they've outgrown her and she needs someone to love her and ride her. She's a POA, and stands 12 hands. She needs someone that's riden before, but is generally quiet. A very easy keeper and practically lives off of what the other horses leave behind. ;-) We've had her for over 12 years, and hate to part with her, but we need the room. she has never kicked at us in all the years we've had her. she will jump a 2ft fence without a problem and with the right rider will jump 2ft 6in without a problem. I'll post a pic or two, if anyone is interested, please pm me.

Very cute pony, how old is she?

Katt

My husband and I got her for our girls 12 or so years ago, and she didn't have much training, but between the years of my girls riding and jumping her here at the house, she's a good girl now. I don't know why, but she is a little man shy. She's great with women and children, but she's a little shy around guys, especially ones wearing hats. she responds very well to quiet handling too. I hate to sell her, just because she's been a part of our family for so long, but no one's small enough now to ride her and she needs that attention. Plus, my 4H daughter has one horse she shows and wants to get a bigger one too for jumping larger jumps, and we need the room for that possiblilty. :-( Her name is Trixie, but we call her "pixie" or pixie dust sometime too.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Katt said:
My husband and I got her for our girls 12 or so years ago, and she didn't have much training, but between the years of my girls riding and jumping her here at the house, she's a good girl now. I don't know why, but she is a little man shy. She's great with women and children, but she's a little shy around guys, especially ones wearing hats. she responds very well to quiet handling too. I hate to sell her, just because she's been a part of our family for so long, but no one's small enough now to ride her and she needs that attention. Plus, my 4H daughter has one horse she shows and wants to get a bigger one too for jumping larger jumps, and we need the room for that possiblilty. :-( Her name is Trixie, but we call her "pixie" or pixie dust sometime too.

I have a neighbor who might be interested in her. She has young children. How much are you asking for her.

Katt

I would like to get 900 for her. she's worth it. I just want to make sure she goes to a nice home.

BrassieChic

Katt said:

WHAT A CUTIE! I wish you luck in finding her a wonderful home!

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
I guess I don't know the definition of a pony. I thought a pony got taller and turned into a horse.

fredsaid2

K_Jo said:
I guess I don't know the definition of a pony. I thought a pony got taller and turned into a horse.

A pony is anything 14.2 hands and under. A hand = 4".
You can have a horse, like a Quarter Horse, that measures as a pony. There are probably some Welsh (pony breed) that end up measuring as horses.

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
fredsaid2 said:
A pony is anything 14.2 hands and under. A hand = 4".
You can have a horse, like a Quarter Horse, that measures as a pony. There are probably some Welsh (pony breed) that end up measuring as horses.
Thank you. :flowers:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
K_Jo said:

Silly girl. They all start out as horses and you leave them outside in the rain until they shrink to the size you want them. Those miniature horses on Rt. 249 stay out ALL the time I'll bet. :frown:

:wink:

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
jazz lady said:
Silly girl. They all start out as horses and you leave them outside in the rain until they shrink to the size you want them. Those miniature horses on Rt. 249 stay out ALL the time I'll bet. :frown:

:wink:
That's the kind I want. I don't feel safe on a pony unless I can touch the ground with my fingertips.

Maybe I should put Big Fat Eddie outside in the rain for a few days.

fredsaid2

"Yes but some breeds, Arabs for one, are always considered a "Horse" no matter how many hands"

Indeed, but if they measure as a pony you get to show them in pony classes. I was just making the distinction based on height. :smile:

fredsaid2

WildHorses said:
:yeahthat: We took a horse to the show Sunday that measures 14.1 to 14.3, depending, and we were upset because we had to have her measured even though we were showing her in horse classes. :jameo: Good thing is we got her pony card. :banana:

A hony one day, a pony the next! Good that you got her card :smile: