Need to get a passport...where to get pic taken?

Ponytail

I need to submit 2 pics of myself 2"x2" wit hthe face not being smaller than 1" but not larger than 1.325" blah blah blah... ISn't there a place around here that will take a photo or two for the purpose of a passport?

TIA

mainman

Set Trippin
Originally posted by Ponytail
I need to submit 2 pics of myself 2"x2" wit hthe face not being smaller than 1" but not larger than 1.325" blah blah blah... ISn't there a place around here that will take a photo or two for the purpose of a passport?

TIA
Walmart does passport pics...

let me disclaim.. They did passport photos for my daughter about 3 years ago...

Last edited:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
The post offices usually do them. Most camera stores do them like Ritz Camera (I don't know if there are any around here). Kinko's does them, but the closest branch is in Waldorf and they tend to be expensive.

JackieY

TIA

post office, last time I checked.

SxyPrincess

ENTRY REQUIREMENTS: The Government of Mexico requires that all U.S. citizens present proof of citizenship and photo identification for entry into Mexico. A U.S. passport is recommended, but other U.S. citizenship documents such as a certified copy of a U.S. birth certificate, a Naturalization Certificate, a Consular Report of Birth Abroad, or a Certificate of Citizenship are acceptable. U.S. citizens boarding flights to Mexico should be prepared to present one of these documents as proof of U.S. citizenship, along with photo identification. Driver's permits, voter registration cards, affidavits and similar documents are not sufficient to prove citizenship for readmission into the United States.

U.S. citizens do not require a visa or a tourist card for tourist stays of 72 hours or less within "the border zone," defined as an area between 20 to 30 kilometers of the border with the U.S., depending on the Mexican state. U.S. citizens traveling as tourists beyond the border zone or entering Mexico by air must obtain a tourist card, also known as an FM-T, available from Mexican consulates, Mexican border crossing points, Mexican tourism offices, airports within the border zone and most airlines serving Mexico. The tourist card costs approximately $20.00; the fee for the tourist card is generally included in the price of a plane ticket for travelers arriving by air.

(Taken from the Department of State website)

Ponytail

Yea, I saw that. I just figured a passport would decrease the aggrivation factor. I have managed to avoid flying for over a year now. The last time I flew was to Maine. Stopover in Boston. I got searched 5 times on the way back.

It happens to me every time. I just fit some profile that they have. Lucky me. :rolleyes:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
We went to Tiajuana in '96 and Canada in '99 (I know things have changed since 9/11 but. . .) We walked across the border to Mexico and coming back, we had DL's in hand but they just waived us through. (Hubby has blonde hair and blue eyes, I'm red & green, guess we didn't fit the profile) In Canada, we drove and had Md plates. Coming back, they asked us if we had anything to declare, then waived us through. The freaky thing about that was we had our 11 mo old w/ us and although I had gotten his birth cert. b/f we left, we picked up the wrong envelope and didn't have it with us. Who's to say we didn't kidnap this kid, they never checked.

JabbaJawz

Be about it
Post offices only do them sometimes. If you go to the website for US Passports you can search for local post offices and see what services they offer. Some do the pics, and some don't. I got my Passport through the Lexington Park post office, but had to get the pics done at Sears.

Kyle

Beloved Misanthrope
PREMO Member
... It happens to me every time. I just fit some profile that they have. Lucky me. :rolleyes:
Actually if you fit a profile of a likely potential terrorist they probably wouldn't search you.

Ponytail

Originally posted by Kyle
Actually if you fit a profile of a likely potential terrorist they probably wouldn't search you.

This has been happening for 7 years. It started when I was in GA, and flying in/out of Atlanta alot.

I never had this trouble when I had short hair. :ohwell: